Sons' sorrow

19 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Players kept in after the final whistle yesterday I hear.

Were the awards last night?

The awards were given out after the game last night. Stevie delayed things a wee bit to give him some extra time to talk to the guys. They came out around 5:40 to do the presentations.

Speech from John Steele was very encouraging. This is genuinely going to be a new era where everybody involved in the club will be pulling in the same direction. No smoke and mirrors. No more running the club like a dictatorship.

The awards were given out after the game last night. Stevie delayed things a wee bit to give him some extra time to talk to the guys. They came out around 5:40 to do the presentations.
Speech from John Steele was very encouraging. This is genuinely going to be a new era where everybody involved in the club will be pulling in the same direction. No smoke and mirrors. No more running the club like a dictatorship.

Who won what?

21 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Who won what?

Graham Brough award - Denise Currie

Sons Trust fan award - Gillie Brough

Player's Player of The Year - Craig Barr

Young Player of The Year - Chris McGlaughlin

Player of the Year - Andy Dowie

Edited by BallochSonsFan

Sitting in the sun. If you look carefully you’ll see the exact spot where Willie Miller and Alan Hansen ran into each other in 1982.IMG_1087.thumb.jpg.5c8d262e5e87f3ae367c764d194dfa37.jpg
I sat right above it, you could see it unfolding from 10 paces away; Shivadze I think it was who scuttled away and rounded Alan Rough.
So, are Malaga still playing in the Rosalida ?

51 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I sat right above it, you could see it unfolding from 10 paces away; Shivadze I think it was who scuttled away and rounded Alan Rough.
So, are Malaga still playing in the Rosalida ?

I was in pretty much the same place. Saw it all unfold in slow, increasingly horrifying, motion.

Edited by Sons FC

Based on the first 40 minutes of this Alloa and Ayr match we're going to struggle massively against Alloa if they finish 4th.

They appear to be everything we're not. Aka not a team of absolute shitebags.
Not to mention if we somehow get through the first round it's looking like Ayr we'll meet if this result stays the same.

Not to mention if we somehow get through the first round it's looking like Ayr we'll meet if this result stays the same.
I've come round to the view that if we can somehow, somehow get a FIT eleven on the park and treat each game as a Cup Final then if we survive the job of rebooting the club can begin.
But if it is not to be then FFS let's not go down in a sullen whimper.

2 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I've come round to the view that if we can somehow, somehow get a FIT eleven on the park and treat each game as a Cup Final then if we survive the job of rebooting the club can begin.
But if it is not to be then FFS let's not go down in a sullen whimper.

That's all we're asking for and I don't think it's unreasonable.  A bit of fight.  If the heads go down at all  in these games we're as good as gone. 

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Based on the first 40 minutes of this Alloa and Ayr match we're going to struggle massively against Alloa if they finish 4th.

They appear to be everything we're not. Aka not a team of absolute shitebags.

I regularly watch the Alloa and Ayr highlights amongst other teams in that league and actually don't think any of them are better than us. Obviously it is a "cup final" kind of thing but none of them have anywhere near the quality of any teams we have faced in this division - with the obvious exception of Brechin (no disrespect).

If we get 4 defenders fit who can play in natural positions, even counting David Smith as a RB, then we should have a decent chance. All depends on how we approach it attitude wise.

Edited by squeezeboxson

Watching Alloa v Ayr there, a few things to note, penalty miss aside the lad Moore looks a decent player for Ayr. Always liked Scott Taggart, still a steady looking defender. Some amount of ex-Sons there in that Alloa side.

Fleming looks well out of shape & spoiling for a fight. :lol:

Anyone else clock the  #FlemingFanClubOnTour :1eye

2 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Watching Alloa v Ayr there, a few things to note, penalty miss aside the lad Moore looks a decent player for Ayr. Always liked Scott Taggart, still a steady looking defender. Some amount of ex-Sons there in that Alloa side.

Fleming looks well out of shape & spoiling for a fight. :lol:

Anyone else clock the  #FlemingFanClubOnTour :1eye

I was sure I heard a tambourine in he first-half, but thought I must've been going crazy.

That's a relief.