Sons' sorrow

Just now, Craig the Hunter said:
2 minutes ago, Howlin said:
Very good Craig. I think it was eleven Sonstrust coaches though.

I think I said ten plus one more going up early, but if if screwed that up I'll go fix it!!

Sorry, my mistake.

Sorry, my mistake.

The amount of times I write the wrong thing it could very well have been my mistake so no worries.

I had a cracking day yesterday until the 93rd minute. That was my 8th Sons game this season which is more than I've been to in years and it'll probably not the the last one of the season I'll be at either. Have fallen in love with the club I got taken to see as a boy again this year and days like yesterday show me exactly why. Can I just say another massive well done to everyone involved, the atmosphere in there yesterday was absolutely sensational

14 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

The full Alba coverage of the final is HERE

What about 3:10 in?

Good grief. Erm. I'm not really sure what else to say.

I fear for the well-being of that wee group when Stevie leaves. They're going to be totally heartbroken.

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Good grief. Erm. I'm not really sure what else to say.

I fear for the well-being of that wee group when Stevie leaves. They're going to be totally heartbroken.

Mind you, for a 30 second fill, that would have been exactly the kind of thing the Beeb would have been looking for.

4 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Mind you, for a 30 second fill, that would have been exactly the kind of thing the Beeb would have been looking for.

I can confirm that I'd have been over the moon with them if that had been my VT. It tends to be a nightmare to get people to do anything on camera, so fair play to them, they were certainly unique!

19 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Unfortunately yesterday's game panned out exactly as I had feared, as all the preceding week I had felt that the Oswestry experience was the final before the Final.  I haven't watched the game on catch-up and I maybe won't, but in truth it was a pretty God-awful affair between two struggling teams.  In the end ICT ground us down as for once the full-time training proved decisive.

We can argue long into the night about refereeing decisions and team selection, and from Sons' point of view both were questionable, but recrimination is futile.  After the best part of 60 years I saw my team take the field in a meaningful Cup Final backed by a sizeable and good-natured travelling support and that will live with me in the memory bank.  As for the furore about the passionless ICT fans and the 'Diddy Cup' tag, well the joyous outpouring behind Gal's goal at the winner rather put a lie to that.

A few points though; I felt that the gamble with Tom Walsh backfired and I agree with BBPF's opinion on Beany.  Mark Stewart is not however fully fit and neither is Boomer, although some of the critics on the Cup thread are obviously unaware of all the good performances he's put in this season.  Donaldson got MOTM because we stood off him; I could play square passes all day in that situation.  I though Gal, Smith, Mango, Hutton and Dowie were excellent.  Handling continues to confound me that he was once a rising star at Hibs.

We have no time to mope, and arguably the two games this week are as difficult as we could have.  At least Stirling, Nisbet and young Wilson give us some options.  I still expect us to be in the play-off spot as never mind the part-time thing and the rather patchwork squad, we simply are not cynical enough; ICT again demonstrated that yesterday.

Well done to everyone involved in yesterday's effort, if cups were awarded for marketing we'd have silverware in the cabinet today.

If cups were awarded for marketing then your club would be one of Scotland's most successful ones. 

I've already had my say on Saturday on the Cups thread, and I had accepted the Fates, but having now watched the second-half incident involving Craig Barr being penalised following a corner I'm not so magnanimous.  Andrew Dallas, despite being well positioned, appears to have got that call very wrong indeed and on such fine margins are games decided -  I think we got a sair decision there.

:o Just realised that I've now contradicted my earlier post on here re refereeing decisions - nurse, the screens !!

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I've already had my say on Saturday on the Cups thread, and I had accepted the Fates, but having now watched the second-half incident involving Craig Barr being penalised following a corner I'm not so magnanimous.  Andrew Dallas, despite being well positioned, appears to have got that call very wrong indeed and on such fine margins are games decided -  I think we got a sair decision there.

Both Dallas and his assistant could not have better views of that incident - there are no players obstructing view of the incident from either of their angles - and yet still the decision goes against Craig Barr.  He's a truly awful referee and it does our game a disservice to continue to allow him to ref at the top level.

18 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Can anyone tell me the exact time of the penalty claim on SonsTV (or on the iPlayer)?

I don't think watching it back will be good for me, but I need to see it for myself now. Certainly at the time it looked strong.

9.53 in the SonsTV highlights.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

9.53 in the SonsTV highlights.

Jesus Christ. I thought I had a decent view, but his is even better. You can see his undershirt and everything. Not only is it inexcusable to miss that, it's also totally beyond comprehension to award a free-kick the opposite way. He's either totally inept (likely) or an absolutely bottle merchant (again highly likely).

I'm seething. Dallas can get directly into the sea.

2 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Jesus Christ. I thought I had a decent view, but his is even better. You can see his undershirt and everything. Not only is it inexcusable to miss that, it's also totally beyond comprehension to award a free-kick the opposite way. He's either totally inept (likely) or an absolutely bottle merchant (again highly likely).

I'm seething. Dallas can get directly into the sea.

Aye, that's it for me. I actually accept that Barr isn't completely innocent - he's got a hold of the Caley player but not any more than you would see at every single set piece. If he'd given a goal kick I could perhaps accept that he thought both players were guilty of fouling but to give it against us doesn't make sense to me.

[emoji33] Just realised that I've now contradicted my earlier post on here re refereeing decisions - nurse, the screens !!

Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.
Walt Whitman