Sons' sorrow

:lol:

I'm going to hazard a guess that Ally senior didn't realise that Calum Gallagher actually started the TNS game (which he was at, remember...) and the Falkirk game, and thought it would be a nice way to introduce himself back onto this thread.

Just a guess mind you.

We only ever hear from Mr Rangeman when ally Roy or Callum gallagher scores. What a strange little man (or woman as I'm sure there are lots of woman frequenting this site and I would hate to be accused of gender bias)

I am now convinced he is on the wind up and cannot be serious.

Either that or he was dropped on his head from height as a bairn.

21 minutes ago, Rangeman said:

Well done to the seagal ,first game back and scores good one son .

Not quite sure if you've noticed but his 4 goals for Dumbarton have been against a youth team(from a penalty), a League 2 side(2 goals) and a team that haven't won a league match all season. He's no Prunty!

28 minutes ago, microdave said:

Not quite sure if you've noticed but his 4 goals for Dumbarton have been against a youth team(from a penalty), a League 2 side(2 goals) and a team that haven't won a league match all season. He's no Prunty!

Ach, Dave, you've thrown my trump card in before he had the chance to retort! :lol:

I think it says it all that Calum Gallagher has been here for nearly two seasons and he's yet to notch a goal against a full time side. Not the worst player, but his level is certainly down a league (which means I'll be happy to keep him if we go down).

38 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Ach, Dave, you've thrown my trump card in before he had the chance to retort! :lol:

I think it says it all that Calum Gallagher has been here for nearly two seasons and he's yet to notch a goal against a full time side. Not the worst player, but his level is certainly down a league (which means I'll be happy to keep him if we go down).

Ah shite. Sorry!

31 minutes ago, Benito Robles said:

The lennox and the reporter have good coverage of Dumbarton today. Noticed in one of the lennox pieces that brabco's Ian Wilson is quoted as a director of the club. I thought he had resigned? is he back? is this good?

The Lennox Herald also reported that Ian Wilson met with fans at a 'get-together' last Tuesday evening, in East End Park, Dumbarton East??

With, it says Dumbarton Riverside & Dumbarton United boys clubs.

The plot thickens.

You can be sure he'll be at Perth, waving a scarf or whatevers unsold in the merchandise shop :lol:

13 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

You can be sure he'll be at Perth, waving a scarf or whatevers unsold in the merchandise shop :lol:

Stoating about in one of those DFC bath robes. 

Screenshot_20180316-173748.png

46 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

@Sonsteam of 08 klaxon. @Sonsteam of 08 klaxon.

I have no idea. He's still involved with Brabco though, which means he is still relevant. I can imagine he met up with Riverside et al in a last ditch attempt to change the planners mind. I've not actually got the paper yet, so I don't know the story!

5 minutes ago, PWL said:

Stoating about in one of those DFC bath robes. 

Screenshot_20180316-173748.png

*Starts campaign to get Froxy to model bathrobes*

The Lennox Herald also reported that Ian Wilson met with fans at a 'get-together' last Tuesday evening, in East End Park, Dumbarton East??
With, it says Dumbarton Riverside & Dumbarton United boys clubs.
The plot thickens.
You can be sure he'll be at Perth, waving a scarf or whatevers unsold in the merchandise shop [emoji38]

He and Roddy came to so a photo shoot receiving postcards of support from Riverside, and I think D Utd after we left.

Didnt talk to any of the players, just the senior Riverside person they've already talked to with the pr folk.

56 minutes ago, Benito Robles said:

The lennox and the reporter have good coverage of Dumbarton today. Noticed in one of the lennox pieces that brabco's Ian Wilson is quoted as a director of the club. I thought he had resigned? is he back? is this good?

He's not a director but he still owns the club as an investor in Brabco.  I don't think having him involved is good (evidently even his Brabco friends felt he was doing more harm than good on the board), there is an air of pompousness about him and at the fans meeting it was clear he underestimated the fans intelligence and their feelings towards Brabco and their motives. Having said that, I don't really think having any of the guys at Brabco involved is good, even if one of them is a nice enough (and seemingly genuine) guy (Chris Stainton).  They have had years to make even small changes at the club which would have helped them ten fold with their planning application and overall support for the stadium move but they've been naive from the very start IMO. I don't really want to comment much more just now because I'd rather enjoy the build up to the cup final than depress myself thinking about the future, but I reckon our off-field issues will come to head sooner rather than later.

43 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He's not a director but he still owns the club as an investor in Brabco.  I don't think having him involved is good (evidently even his Brabco friends felt he was doing more harm than good on the board), there is an air of pompousness about him and at the fans meeting it was clear he underestimated the fans intelligence and their feelings towards Brabco and their motives. Having said that, I don't really think having any of the guys at Brabco involved is good, even if one of them is a nice enough (and seemingly genuine) guy (Chris Stainton).  They have had years to make even small changes at the club which would have helped them ten fold with their planning application and overall support for the stadium move but they've been naive from the very start IMO. I don't really want to comment much more just now because I'd rather enjoy the build up to the cup final than depress myself thinking about the future, but I reckon our off-field issues will come to head sooner rather than later.

As the late,  great Harry Worth might have said, as one door closes another slams shut.