Sons' sorrow

It’s pretty ironic that we’re speculating on financial worries at Inverness. If as seems likely, Dalmoak gets the refusal, then Dumbarton’s contingent debt on upgrading the current stadium becomes real. I don’t know how the disinterested and deflated owners will react to that. In more immediate footballing matters, I’d rather be facing this week with at least a chance of Froxy and Burt making it on Saturday. Young fit men should be able to play two consecutive games with an air flight sandwiched in.

"Dumbarton in a cup final, unreal!! Gutted to miss out through injury but what an effort from the boys " -tom Walsh on twitter

He isn't the most prolific on Twitter and he took the time to tweet this, so maybe he has been carrying a knock this last month.

I personally think he will be the final squad. I have no proof or info just a feeling.

Walsh had some good games in the first half of the season but also some terrible ones. I would put froxy, Gallagher (GK), Hutton, Mango, Dowie ahead of him in performances this season.

So I just don’t understand the fuss about him. 

44 minutes ago, Sons Fan said:

Walsh had some good games in the first half of the season but also some terrible ones. I would put froxy, Gallagher (GK), Hutton, Mango, Dowie ahead of him in performances this season.

So I just don’t understand the fuss about him. 

There was quite a bit of hype with his goal winning performance vs ST MIRREN...he was outstanding in that game IMO.Hasnt quite reached that level again not helped by his injury either though

16/02/2018  From the TNS match preview, " Chris McLaughlin, Grant Gallagher and Sam Wardrop remain sidelined because of injury and added to that list is Tom Walsh who won't play tomorrow."

Stevie on SonsTV minutes after the end of the TNS game, "...because Tom Walsh got injured on Thursday at training."

20/02/2018 Morton match preview, a couple of days after TNS, " Sam Wardrop and Tom Walsh are in the doubtful category and Dougie Hill is nursing a few knocks too."

24/02/2018 Stevie on SonsTV post-match at Falkirk, "We're hoping Tom Walsh will be back next week, towards the tail end of the week."

09/03/2018 Queen of the South match preview, "Tom Walsh who has missed the last three matches is back in training and could be added to the squad."

Stevie on SonsTV post-match Queen of the South, "Tom Walsh injured, his injury flared up again, so he'll not be fit for Tuesday. Chris McLaughlin's close, Tom Walsh I don't know when he'll be."

16/03/2018 Brechin match preview " Tom Walsh remains out alongside long-term injury victims Chris McLaughlin and Grant Gallagher, though both are close to fitness."

That's all I could find on Tom Walsh, so make of that what you will.

54 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

16/02/2018  From the TNS match preview, " Chris McLaughlin, Grant Gallagher and Sam Wardrop remain sidelined because of injury and added to that list is Tom Walsh who won't play tomorrow."

Stevie on SonsTV minutes after the end of the TNS game, "...because Tom Walsh got injured on Thursday at training."

20/02/2018 Morton match preview, a couple of days after TNS, " Sam Wardrop and Tom Walsh are in the doubtful category and Dougie Hill is nursing a few knocks too."

24/02/2018 Stevie on SonsTV post-match at Falkirk, "We're hoping Tom Walsh will be back next week, towards the tail end of the week."

09/03/2018 Queen of the South match preview, "Tom Walsh who has missed the last three matches is back in training and could be added to the squad."

Stevie on SonsTV post-match Queen of the South, "Tom Walsh injured, his injury flared up again, so he'll not be fit for Tuesday. Chris McLaughlin's close, Tom Walsh I don't know when he'll be."

16/03/2018 Brechin match preview " Tom Walsh remains out alongside long-term injury victims Chris McLaughlin and Grant Gallagher, though both are close to fitness."

That's all I could find on Tom Walsh, so make of that what you will.

Thanks! You saved me a job. His tone when he was interviewed after the Queens match sounded like it will be unlikely he would be back any time soon. In fact it almost sounded like he was saying Boomer and Gall would be back sooner. Which kinda half happened in the Brechin game yesterday.

Where did anyone hear he wasn't injured?