Sons' sorrow

There's an interesting piece here from 2014 in which Rankine is full of his typical bluster and the late Gilbert Lawrie identifies "One man within Brabco" as the guarantor for Rankine's money. Neil would never have accepted being owed that amount by a limited company with no guarantee.

2 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Very pleasing. Hopefully we can see plenty more of him over the coming weeks.

I missed him by 30 mins in the barber's this morning. Lol.

Forgot he was a Baillieston lad.

We can catch I.C.T for 8th, Come on Sons
I was talking to a mate who is a ICT fan and he says they are in a bad way. Apparently administration is a distinct possibility, they are playing some horrific football and there is talk of them going PT for next season. Fingers crossed we may not finish 9th after all.

10 hours ago, pleslie99 said:
13 hours ago, Silverton End said:
We can catch I.C.T for 8th, Come on Sons

I was talking to a mate who is a ICT fan and he says they are in a bad way. Apparently administration is a distinct possibility, they are playing some horrific football and there is talk of them going PT for next season. Fingers crossed we may not finish 9th after all.

Had heard something along those lines too but then an official(cant remember who but was on the BBC website IIRC) came out saying they were okay.Truth maybe somewhere inbetween.Crowds have fallen drastically as was to be expected and of course income streams will be much reduced given being in the Championship.The first sign that there is bother usually is players not getting paid on time.Rumours abounded about Dunfermline back in 2013 but most people didnt believe them.Then suddenly BOOM its in all the papers.Clubs obviously maintain 'a front' for as long as possible.As always time will tell.

1 hour ago, lorenzo71 said:

Had heard something along those lines too but then an official(cant remember who but was on the BBC website IIRC) came out saying they were okay.Truth maybe somewhere inbetween.Crowds have fallen drastically as was to be expected and of course income streams will be much reduced given being in the Championship.The first sign that there is bother usually is players not getting paid on time.Rumours abounded about Dunfermline back in 2013 but most people didnt believe them.Then suddenly BOOM its in all the papers.Clubs obviously maintain 'a front' for as long as possible.As always time will tell.

It's all to play for, for sure Lorenzo.

33 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

'All things being well' I see a nice, wide catch-all.

Good to know that we're doing everything we can to get our best possible squad together though.

Yeah but  the flights being on time etc well out of the clubs control.If both play on friday wont they be knackered for the final??

Yeah but  the flights being on time etc well out of the clubs control.If both play on friday wont they be knackered for the final??
This all sounds a bit fanciful to be honest, and I think we need to prepare ourselves for a 'perm any 11 from 15 players' scenario this weekend.
Having said that, a bookie wouldn't have given odds on such a cocktail of injury, ineligibility and international call-ups. Truly bizarre.