22 minutes ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

At the moment the cup final squad kooks like

Gallagher

Wardrope Barr Dowie Hill

Hutton  Carswell

Calum Gallagher Wilson Russell 

Stewart

subs Ewings Handling Smith

Not even sure if David Smith is fully fit at moment.

What makes you think we will drop Handling for Wilson? Handling has played a part in about every game since he was fit and Wilson hasn't featured for quite a while.

24 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

What makes you think we will drop Handling for Wilson? Handling has played a part in about every game since he was fit and Wilson hasn't featured for quite a while.

Not really relevant whether it is Handling or Wilson but the real point are those 14 are currently the only ones available. As for selling tickets I already have one. Most people are going to the final for the experience not the result. The majority of those going to Oswestry expected TNS to win. When you are a Dumbarton fan it is the game that is important Winning is a bonus.

58 minutes ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

Not really relevant whether it is Handling or Wilson but the real point are those 14 are currently the only ones available. As for selling tickets I already have one. Most people are going to the final for the experience not the result. The majority of those going to Oswestry expected TNS to win. When you are a Dumbarton fan it is the game that is important Winning is a bonus.

But you basically tried to make it look worse by having Wilson in the starting 11 which is not impossible but extremely unlikely. I didn't expect us to win vs TNS but I didn't expect them to win either. They are rotten and even with us not exactly being at the races we were able to overcome them.

I aspire upwards not the bottom of Division 3.Whatsmore its our first final in 121 years having so many out is shite.
Don't get me wrong, I'm in no hurry to be back in the bottom league and I'd love to have Froxy and Burt available for the final. Just trying to put our current problems in perspective.

Quick question for everyone. If you had the option of winning the cup final but being relegated and rattling around the doldrums of Scottish football for the foreseable future. Or, losing the cup final, finishing 8th and staying up for next 5 years what would you choose?

3 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Quick question for everyone. If you had the option of winning the cup final but being relegated and rattling around the doldrums of Scottish football for the foreseable future. Or, losing the cup final, finishing 8th and staying up for next 5 years what would you choose?

Option 1.

6 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Is that really the choice? I'd certainly choose winning the trophy over finishing eighth.....

Option 1, it gets tedious watching us trying not to be beaten every week. Be nice to be challenging at the other end of the table for a change, but I’d still rather stay up and play these so called bigger teams, we may never have a chance of lifting a cup again

You forgot Option 3 - still being in business.

Staying up. Being in the bottom division is no fun and there is now the added threat of relegation to the lowland league

Yeah, I'm not sure I understand the accepting relegation stance. I see the argument of "we'll win more games" banded around and I'm not sure why people are assuming that. Our record against lower league opposition whilst we've been a Championship side is been absolutely rotten, who's to say we do well with a smaller budget against them? Agree with Nowhereman that we could easily find ourselves fighting relegation to the Lowland League.

And to pick up briefly on the point made by OKI about remaining in business - that becomes a hell of a lot easier when you're raking in over £100K in prize money, so yeah, I'll accpet being a bottom half Championship team for the next 5 years over winning the Irn Bru Cup - I'm going to have a great day next Saturday regardless of the result and our stay in the Championship has given me some of my best days supporting the club. Always play at the highest level possible IMO.