Sons' sorrow

1 minute ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Don't give them any ideas.

Would rather share Milburn than share with the Bankies.

Maybe, but given that the Council are ploughing three quarters of a million in to Holm Park and it will be an artificial surface and a community stadium etc etc. . .

6 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Are they? I thought that had fallen through

Has it? That's a relief. Millburn then. Although this weeks Clydebank Post still has a redevelopment going ahead

Edited by Nowhereman

I'd rather see us play on a public park than in a shared 'community stadium' with the Bankies. I'm not a huge fan of leisure centre stadiums as it is, but sharing one that isn't even A) ours or B) in Dumbarton is a vile thought.

Going to be a very interesting few months now though. I wonder if Brabco knew (or at least had a strong feeling) that this might happen.

14 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Another pic from today's rag..

20180313_112221.jpg

Which rag is this? Unless my eyes are deceiving me that's my dad on the left :lol:

4 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Are they? I thought that had fallen through

I don't think it has? I've been keeping an eye on the Bankies thread and there hasn't been any mention of that falling through - they seem to think the upgrades to Holm Park will help them in their bid to become a good senior side.

1 minute ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

It hasn’t and it’s a shared community ground for Yoker Athletic and Clydebank.

We now have over 200 kids and a girls team involved with Clydebank.

Didn't think it had going by recent noises coming from Clydebank about going senior again

Considering the yards of conversations and racour on here before about Dalmoak, I'm surprised that the last 24 hours' news hasn't elicited more response.

These two news items (Rankine v Brabco and the naw to Dalmoak) are probably the most serious threat to the club's future since 1996.

Is the Rankine case in relation to the unpaid £200k story that various media outlets carried a few years ago? Without more detail it's difficult to offer much comment.

That the action isn't being raised directly against the football club itself is one small crumb of comfort.

25 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Considering the yards of conversations and racour on here before about Dalmoak, I'm surprised that the last 24 hours' news hasn't elicited more response.

These two news items (Rankine v Brabco and the naw to Dalmoak) are probably the most serious threat to the club's future since 1996.

Not much for us to talk about really. If Brabco are forced to pay up then it's on them to find the money. If they then look to use the club to raise that money we'll maybe have something to comment on. I fail to see how the club could be used though, other than selling it - but that doesn't fit with their profit making scheme. Where would that stand legally? Selling a club to pay off the guy you bought said club from?

On the Dalmoak article, the planning meeting hasn't even been carried out and won't be until the 21st so it looks to me like the Lennox have got some info beforehand and printed it.  The meeting on the 21st will be a recommendation for refusing planning, not an outright refusal.  Roddy and Chris were fairly open and honest at the last meeting that they felt it would be refused, so it's not much of a shock.  I understand the councillors will meet on the 28th to decide whether they accept the recommendation for refusal or override that recommendation and grant consent. The 28th is where we'll have a better picture of where the future lies, I expect there will be plenty to comment on then.

Not much for us to talk about really. If Brabco are forced to pay up then it's on them to find the money. If they then look to use the club to raise that money we'll maybe have something to comment on. I fail to see how the club could be used though, other than selling it - but that doesn't fit with their profit making scheme. Where would that stand legally? Selling a club to pay off the guy you bought said club from?
On the Dalmoak article, the planning meeting hasn't even been carried out and won't be until the 21st so it looks to me like the Lennox have got some info beforehand and printed it.  The meeting on the 21st will be a recommendation for refusing planning, not an outright refusal.  Roddy and Chris were fairly open and honest at the last meeting that they felt it would be refused, so it's not much of a shock.  I understand the councillors will meet on the 28th to decide whether they accept the recommendation for refusal or override that recommendation and grant consent. The 28th is where we'll have a better picture of where the future lies, I expect there will be plenty to comment on then.

Waiting to find out the facts? On Pie and Bovril? On Sons Sorrow? Ok.

Is the Rankine case in relation to the unpaid £200k story that various media outlets carried a few years ago? Without more detail it's difficult to offer much comment.
That the action isn't being raised directly against the football club itself is one small crumb of comfort.

It’s against Brabco 736 whose only asset is its shares in DFC whose only asset is the stadium and land.

13 minutes ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

Oh dear this is bad news about Christian Nade being arrested. We are all innocent before being found guilty but will he be picked for the team in the meantime. Hopefully the big man can walk away from this charge with his head held high and an innocent man.

What? When? Where?

11 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

What? When? Where?

I googled "Nade arrested" and it appears there was an article on the Daily Record suggesting Nade had been arrested on Sunday afternoon on a assault charge and is expected in court. But, when I click on the article it appears to have been removed.