Sons' sorrow

Right Lionel ,I’ve been racking my brains
DM me I need t know who you are,at a guess around my age give or take a few years my memory isn’t what it was,maybe you could do your bit with a clue or two :thumsup2

Lionel is probably the only dude on here who uses his real name........

4 hours ago, Tartantony said:

Anyone know where I can buy Dumbarton strips?

Been checking on the Online Store but never any in stock. Hoping to take the wife and kids along to the final so want to get the kids a strip for it.

If TotalTeamwear site has nothing, eBay is your best bet. Have noticed a few items for sale on eBay, some still 'new with tags', in fact there's a couple of joma DFC training tops for 10yrs size on there, £6.99-£10.99, I imagine they'll get snapped up too though given the novelty of Sons in a Final.

Anyone know where I can buy Dumbarton strips?
Been checking on the Online Store but never any in stock. Hoping to take the wife and kids along to the final so want to get the kids a strip for it.

Are you based near enough to Glasgow, Tony? If so you could try popping into TotalTeamwear in Port Dundas - sometimes they’re able to sell tops there. Might be worth a call first though.

It would be a disaster if we weren’t able to supply tops for the cup final.

4 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Are you based near enough to Glasgow, Tony? If so you could try popping into TotalTeamwear in Port Dundas - sometimes they’re able to sell tops there. Might be worth a call first though.

It would be a disaster if we weren’t able to supply tops for the cup final.

I work on Waterloo Street so could head up and have a look. I've managed to get the away strip for my son. Trying to get an age 8 - 10  for my daughter, will check eBay as well. 

40 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Right, here goes.....the link below is from yesterday's Glasgow Herald:-

http://www.heraldscotland.com/business_hq/16045367.Dumbarton___s_tax_haven_owners_strike_deal_to_bring_club_onshore/

Lots of uplifting stuff in there and inspiring quotes from Ian Wilson, especially about the Challenge Cup Final.  Wilson lives in Coventry, his fellow Brabco Directors Chris Stainton and Callum Hosie live in Leeds and Ormskirk respectively, yet to the best of my knowedge none of them was in attendance at Oswestry last week, despite all of these places being a damned sight nearer Shropshire than Dumbarton.  The club Chairman, Les Hope, is on holiday for the month of February so it was left to (unpaid) Directors Colin Hosie and Alan Findlay to do the honours.

And you see , that's the thing.   There is no battery of folk running DFC, never mind a commercial department, and were it not for the efforts of these two guys assisted by a handful of people we'd barely function at all as a professional football club.  This is a matter of simple fact, as is (owners) Brabco's refusal to invest money in the football team, so please bear this in mind, as these few stalwarts will probably bear the brunt of the supporters' anger and frustration  for the simple reason that not everyone may be aware of the sitaution, and these guys are the only folk ever likely to be in the firing line.

To say it's a far from ideal, never mind ordinary state of affairs is stating the obvious, but if anyone wants to assist in any way towardss making the 24th of March a memorable day for Dumbarton FC I'm sure Colin and Alan would be delighted to hear from you.

Finally and for the avoidance of doubt, I have no personal angle to peddle here other than being fed up seeing decent and genuine DFC people having become human shields for chancers with no emotional attachment to our club. 

I must agree it was a sorry day when DFC became embroiled with Brabco. There are a few folks out there who really care for the club like Alan and Colin but Brabco seem to look upon us as a possible money making venture. I really fear that if the team gets relegated or the Council gets uppity the Brabco boys will give up sell for what they can get and leave the Sons sailing into an unassailable wind. I know the Trust have reached tentative agreements but all could come to nought if Brabcos members think that they could lose their money.It is not that long since Clydebank disappeared from senior football and I hope my fears are wrong and Dumbarton don’t follow them.

On 21/02/2018 at 10:32, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I wasn't convinced with the lad Wilson last night. He has a tendancy to let the ball bounce which was leading to a few hairy moments. The opposite of Barr who would fly through a brick wall head first to get a head on the ball. He is young though and should provide decent backup when required.

I'm also not convinced with Dick. I feel positionally he's starting to look poor and he's very cheap in possession. Very much a downgrade on McLaughlin IMO.

Russell is another who isn't impressing me. I'm not really sure what he's offering us at the minute, he seems to have lost his pace and isn't contributing a great deal. Perhaps he's not fit.

Nisbet is another one I'm not convinced with. I'd rather Nade playing over him, even if his career is winding down.

To counteract the negativity I was impressed with the lad Burt last night. His final ball let him down at times but he looks an upgrade on Roy and Gallagher. Stirling also looked sharp which was good to see. I also think we look twice the team when Stewart plays, even when he's having a quiet game by his standards his clever runs create space for others.

Well here wee go again with quotes ,be careful what you wish for ,ie Russel and nisbet ,with no goals in six league games  between them . while who was it that scored our last league goal ,and is scoring  all the time now ,cause he’s getting played .two out of three games  so far  ,but you discredit the boy who was our second top scorer in not a lot of game time   I rest my case .