Sons' sorrow

Headcount check
everyone home safe and well in time for Sunday dinner???
anyone posted missing ??
All present and correct Sir.

I've taken the liberty of contacting the nice man at BBC Radio Shropshire who interviewed me yesterday morning to ask him to pass on our appreciation of the fantastic welcome we received from the good folk of Oswestry and everyone at New Saints FC.

58 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I've taken the liberty of contacting the nice man at BBC Radio Shropshire who interviewed me yesterday morning to ask him to pass on our appreciation of the fantastic welcome we received from the good folk of Oswestry and everyone at New Saints FC.

Well said oki .

everything on day was pleasant and welcoming and we only went and won in dramatic fashion to cap it off

i agree that Oswestry did itself proud

Watched the game last night and theres three things I like about Jimmys goal;

The crazy movement he gets in the ball, theres one angle from the car park corner and the ball looks like an old wind floater moving left, right and up and down.

Huttons reaction to the goal; 2 hands to the face gobsmacked.

Jimmy running celebrating towards stevie aitken only to have to turn to Durrant instead as andy dowie beat him to the gaffer to talk work.

Was it a standard league ball or something different? Thinking about Gals awkward one handed save later on as well.

If they get the price right then with friends, family and general well wishers I reckon we could take 1500-2000 to the final. I'd be wanting an allocation of 2500 minimum for wherever they eventually play the final just to make sure.

It's why McDairmid is the obvious option for venue as it would cope with a crowd of between 6000 and 8000 and is easy to get to for both teams. Public transport options are decent too if they run extra buses from the train station to the ground.

47 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

If they get the price right then with friends, family and general well wishers I reckon we could take 1500-2000 to the final. I'd be wanting an allocation of 2500 minimum for wherever they eventually play the final just to make sure.

It's why McDairmid is the obvious option for venue as it would cope with a crowd of between 6000 and 8000 and is easy to get to for both teams. Public transport options are decent too if they run extra buses from the train station to the ground.

As mentioned elsewhere Forthbank would be my (selfish) choice but ultimately it would be foolish to risk even the slightest chance of someone interested in going to not get a ticket so McDiarmid is the sensible compromise.

48 minutes ago, Keith Walwyn said:

Good effort. Hope you didn’t drink the town dry :-). Good luck in the final 

The 'TNS v Dumbarton' thread over in 'Domestic Cup Football' should provide all the info you require regarding the Pub scene in Oswestry :thumsup2

It's a great thread btw 

16 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Jeez, they want me on the night again.....:o