Sons' sorrow

2 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Bit of a random one, but I was just spending an idle moment thinking about our POTY vote. I know it's a few months off, but I can't think of a single standout candidate. Looking at the squad on the website hasn't helped either:

Mango - Started well, regressed and has been poor in recent weeks.
Dick - Been here five minutes.
Dowie - Started horribly, though he has been our best player during this dreadful run. Probably close to my pick if I was to choose today.
Dill - Hasn't featured much, seems to be injured quite a bit.
Boomer - Would've been a strong candidate, but looks like he'll be out for the season.
Div Smith - Not anywhere near the player he was last year.
Sam Wardrop - God we miss him. Strong candidate for YPOTY.
Scott Gal - Not exactly Alan Martin last year, though he's been decent enough in recent weeks.
Carsy - Consistent. Totally wasted alongside Hutton though, when he's at his best doing the dirty work for an attacking guy.
Froxy - Will produce a stunning 60 minutes once every two months.
SeaGal - Hardworking and versatile. Not the most effective.
Handling - Christ, aye, he's still with us.
Hutton - If the season ran from Bonfire night until the first weekend in December the award would be all his.
Div Wilson - Nope.
Nade - One goal all season tells the story. I love the big guy, but it just isn't working.
Beany - See Liam Dick
Mark Stewart - Another one who could've been in with a shout had he not been injured.
Walsh - Clearly our best player in the middle on his day. Has been totally ineffective out wide though, and hasn't done a great deal since the St Mirren game.

You forgot Ally Roy.

*Shameless plug time again*

Tomorrow's Lennox has three pages absolutely packed with Sons stuff. There's a chat with Mark Stewart about his injury and Cup record. The Mantis praises Stevie's influence on his career (and speaks a bit about what we can expect from TNS) - plus Jim Duffy says some nice things about us, and Stevie speaks about Aidan Wilson, the injury situation and our goal crisis.

I've written a wee backgrounder on TNS too - featuring a very long Welsh word - and there are mentions for the two Sir Patricks (Flannery and Walker) in a roundup of our glowing* history in the tournament. 

Buy it. If nothing else it has a big picture of The Prince looking seriously cool on the back page.

*This may not be accurate.

2 minutes ago, Consolidate said:

Hopefully Duffy left out the twaddle about Saturday's match 'not being comfortable'. If you enjoy a convincing win with little to no resistance then just say so...

You'll have to buy it to find out*.

Spoiler

He didn't...

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

On 11/02/2018 at 00:07, Robbiem1872 said:

F11E03BD-B75B-4D25-B7EE-FD7CF81A3DED.thumb.jpeg.5635eb01e52bdf460d776a0e2400c6f4.jpegValue for money hahaha

I do love when Morton fans on here tell you how great Cappielow is and how modern stadiums are soulless legolands. 

Away fans have the choice at Cappielow of an uncovered terrace or a restricted view relic stand built for everyone under 5'6.

I've been to Cappielow many times and experienced it in all weathers and can very much confirm it is just shit all round

5 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I do love when Morton fans on here tell you how great Cappielow is and how modern stadiums are soulless legolands. 

Away fans have the choice at Cappielow of an uncovered terrace or a restricted view relic stand built for everyone under 5'6.

I've been to Cappielow many times and experienced it in all weathers and can very much confirm it is just shit all round

Ah but they have those fantastic knee operated taps in the gents toilets! Assuming you can get near them in the very cramped space available.

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Tomorrow's Lennox has three pages absolutely packed with Sons stuff. There's a chat with Mark Stewart about his injury and Cup record. The Mantis praises Stevie's influence on his career (and speaks a bit about what we can expect from TNS) - plus Jim Duffy says some nice things about us, and Stevie speaks about Aidan Wilson, the injury situation and our goal crisis.

I've written a wee backgrounder on TNS too - featuring a very long Welsh word - and there are mentions for the two Sir Patricks (Flannery and Walker) in a roundup of our glowing* history in the tournament. 

Buy it. If nothing else it has a big picture of The Prince looking seriously cool on the back page.

Makes a change for the Lennox, no offence So8, your offerings aside, but it's coverage of all things DFC hasn't been great since it left the hands of S.U.N & became part of the Daily Record? stable. For a while The Reporter has definitely still felt a bit more 'local'. Anyway, I often get both rags & look forward to reading your input.

On 10/02/2018 at 19:28, O'Kelly Isley III said:

And I respect your reply. However, it may be time for another 'Bonnyrigg' type meeting and let everyone have their say...

As for next weekend, aye, let's enjoy it, AND LET'S GO OUT AND TRY AND WIN THE GAME.

Yes, indeed, if our starting XI can't raise their game & compete when they see around 400 Sons down in Oswestry this Saturday, some of them want their baws toed.

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

As a Saints fans, when Ton talk and sing about " slums", they obviously get a free pair of blinkers with every season ticket. Its a disgrace Ton are allowed to exist with that relic, eyesore, dump!!! 

First post on the forum: an absolutely frothing meltdown about The Famous. You'll fit in well. 

_90011794_tonyf.jpg.2b756211ad0f1ce259f207069ac5d7fb.jpg

Just now, virginton said:

First post on the forum: an absolutely frothing meltdown about The Famous. You'll fit in well. 

_90011794_tonyf.jpg.2b756211ad0f1ce259f207069ac5d7fb.jpg

Ha ha

Mate I work next to Allan McGraw junior so give us a break lol

Oh and he agrees with me

Are you telling me Cappielow is not a disgrace ?

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

That sounds absolutely fantastic and I'm grateful to you for doing it, but the Lennox won't be getting a penny of my cash. I'll get a read of it somehow though.

7 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Makes a change for the Lennox, no offence So8, your offerings aside, but it's coverage of all things DFC hasn't been great since it left the hands of S.U.N & became part of the Daily Record? stable. For a while The Reporter has definitely still felt a bit more 'local'. Anyway, I often get both rags & look forward to reading your input.

Aye, it's Trinity now. The guys work dead hard, but up until recently I was the only 'real' Sports Journo writing for them - and I was doing it from afar. I'm in for a month, and the guy I'm working with on the sports side is into his football, so I'm hopeful that you might see a wee improvement. 

Naturally I've no idea what the Reporter is like :whistle

On 2/11/2018 at 00:07, Robbiem1872 said:

F11E03BD-B75B-4D25-B7EE-FD7CF81A3DED.thumb.jpeg.5635eb01e52bdf460d776a0e2400c6f4.jpegValue for money hahaha

If you or any Dumbarton fan wanted a largely unrestricted view,  then you could have simply chosen to sit in any of the literally hundreds of empty seats in the away section that your support didn't fill. You didn't have an allocated seat on your ticket; so you in fact chose a terrible viewing spot to mount some sort of bizarre moral crusade about the facilities. Minter. 

Still, anything that restricted your view and took your mind off the absolute pumping served out on the pitch on Saturday must have been welcome to you. Should have probably charged extra for that service tbh. 

1502556293603.jpg.674c87938cef6265c675c85616bebbab.jpg

40 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

The Cowshed side's a brilliant place to watch football from, to be fair.

4 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Aye, it's Trinity now. The guys work dead hard, but up until recently I was the only 'real' Sports Journo writing for them - and I was doing it from afar. I'm in for a month, and the guy I'm working with on the sports side is into his football, so I'm hopeful that you might see a wee improvement. 

Naturally I've no idea what the Reporter is like :whistle

Any budding journo surely keeps an eye on the opposition :P