Sons' sorrow

I'm hoping today gives us a nice bit if respite from our pretty dismal league form. If we do get through today there Is potential to draw the winner of Falkirk v cove which would surely give us an excellent opportunity to get to the semis. Not wanting to look too far ahead but that would be magnificent. If this is our year to finally go down, a challenge cup final and Scottish cup semi would be brilliant.

18 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Aidan Wilson signs from Ra Peepul

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=3438

Should be a decent bit of business. Albeit he did concede a penalty against us for their colts!

Helensburgh boy too.  The Advertiser will be going into meltdown as they already have regular updates on him.

As some consolation, Stevie said post-match that Sam Wardrop should be back in training this week. I'd imagine the TNS game will be too early for him, but having him for the league games would be smashing.

Spoke to Mark Stewart as well. He's just back in training - the injury was a lot worse than  first thought - but it'll take him a wee while to get back to full fitness. Lovely guy too who had no problem standing in the rain speaking to a frozen journo!

*Shameless plug time*

I'll have the full interview with him, and a chat I had with The Mantis earlier this week in the Lennox on Tuesday. 

Didn’t attend today. The possibility of confined space, cold wind and rain, drums and a gubbing all contributed to the decision.
Funnily enough Wilf I'm having seriously similar thoughts about Oswestry !

Today was an embarrassment and a disgrace. Some hellish individual performances aside, the utter lack of collective motivation and belief in what was after all a Scottish Cup tie with a place in the last eight for the winners was shockingly evident from the first whistle. With one notable exception - Andy Dowie.

We have become so inured to a grimly defensive mindset that the confidence has all but completely drained from the squad, and at times it has become pitiful to watch.

Morton won in a canter today, as did St Mirren and Livingston twice recently. All of their players seem to be pulling in the same direction, unlike ours who seem more intent on on-field verbal spats. There is a malaise right now and it needs addressed.

All we ask is that the team at least competes.

26 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Funnily enough Wilf I'm having seriously similar thoughts about Oswestry !

Today was an embarrassment and a disgrace. Some hellish individual performances aside, the utter lack of collective motivation and belief in what was after all a Scottish Cup tie with a place in the last eight for the winners was shockingly evident from the first whistle. With one notable exception - Andy Dowie.

We have become so inured to a grimly defensive mindset that the confidence has all but completely drained from the squad, and at times it has become pitiful to watch.

Morton won in a canter today, as did St Mirren and Livingston twice recently. All of their players seem to be pulling in the same direction, unlike ours who seem more intent on on-field verbal spats. There is a malaise right now and it needs addressed.

All we ask is that the team at least competes.

I respect & agree where you're coming from, but let's enjoy the trip to Wales next week.

Sheer novelty value (and a few ales) will hopefully make it a good day/weekend or whatever.

Chin up Sons

14 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

I respect & agree where you're coming from, but let's enjoy the trip to Wales next week.

Sheer novelty value (and a few ales) will hopefully make it a good day/weekend or whatever.

Chin up Sons

Hear! hear! However the trip is to Shropshire!

Chin up Sons
And I respect your reply. However, it may be time for another 'Bonnyrigg' type meeting and let everyone have their say...

As for next weekend, aye, let's enjoy it, AND LET'S GO OUT AND TRY AND WIN THE GAME.

What a lack of confidence in the team at moment.

today only dowie gets merit and I thought nisbet did ok

our forward thinking play mainly from Froxylias and Walsh was poor to say the least 

only thing I got wrong about today’s game was my pre match prediction of a routine 2.0 like st mirren, livvi

Bit of a random one, but I was just spending an idle moment thinking about our POTY vote. I know it's a few months off, but I can't think of a single standout candidate. Looking at the squad on the website hasn't helped either:

Mango - Started well, regressed and has been poor in recent weeks.
Dick - Been here five minutes.
Dowie - Started horribly, though he has been our best player during this dreadful run. Probably close to my pick if I was to choose today.
Dill - Hasn't featured much, seems to be injured quite a bit.
Boomer - Would've been a strong candidate, but looks like he'll be out for the season.
Div Smith - Not anywhere near the player he was last year.
Sam Wardrop - God we miss him. Strong candidate for YPOTY.
Scott Gal - Not exactly Alan Martin last year, though he's been decent enough in recent weeks.
Carsy - Consistent. Totally wasted alongside Hutton though, when he's at his best doing the dirty work for an attacking guy.
Froxy - Will produce a stunning 60 minutes once every two months.
SeaGal - Hardworking and versatile. Not the most effective.
Handling - Christ, aye, he's still with us.
Hutton - If the season ran from Bonfire night until the first weekend in December the award would be all his.
Div Wilson - Nope.
Nade - One goal all season tells the story. I love the big guy, but it just isn't working.
Beany - See Liam Dick
Mark Stewart - Another one who could've been in with a shout had he not been injured.
Walsh - Clearly our best player in the middle on his day. Has been totally ineffective out wide though, and hasn't done a great deal since the St Mirren game.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

49 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Bit of a random one, but I was just spending an idle moment thinking about our POTY vote. I know it's a few months off, but I can't think of a single standout candidate. Looking at the squad on the website hasn't helped either:

Mango - Started well, regressed and has been poor in recent weeks.
Dick - Been here five minutes.
Dowie - Started horribly, though he has been our best player during this dreadful run. Probably close to my pick if I was to choose today.
Dill - Hasn't featured much, seems to be injured quite a bit.
Boomer - Would've been a strong candidate, but looks like he'll be out for the season.
Div Smith - Not anywhere near the player he was last year.
Sam Wardrop - God we miss him. Strong candidate for YPOTY.
Scott Gal - Not exactly Alan Martin last year, though he's been decent enough in recent weeks.
Carsy - Consistent. Totally wasted alongside Hutton though, when he's at his best doing the dirty work for an attacking guy.
Froxy - Will produce a stunning 60 minutes once every two months.
SeaGal - Hardworking and versatile. Not the most effective.
Handling - Christ, aye, he's still with us.
Hutton - If the season ran from Bonfire night until the first weekend in December the award would be all his.
Div Wilson - Nope.
Nade - One goal all season tells the story. I love the big guy, but it just isn't working.
Beany - See Liam Dick
Mark Stewart - Another one who could've been in with a shout had he not been injured.
Walsh - Clearly our best player in the middle on his day. Has been totally ineffective out wide though, and hasn't done a great deal since the St Mirren game.

Looks like Nicky Phinn could be the winner