Sons' sorrow

3 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

We've effectively traded in Greg Morrison for Iain Russell, and Ally Roy for Andy Stirling.

Stevie's an absolute genius.

On the face of it that does look tremendous business, but I can't help but think that Greg Morrison and Ally Roy's wages do not match those of Iain Russell and Andy Stirling. Our board have always been fairly sensible with money in this division and I'm sure there will be a way to cover costs but I do wonder how we're managing to fund a 24 man squad on an average crowd of about 800.

For all the faults our board has, you can't say they don't back their gaffers when he needs backed. I just hope we're not firing everything on the credit card and hoping for a windfall to pay it off.

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

On the face of it that does look tremendous business, but I can't help but think that Greg Morrison and Ally Roy's wages do not match those of Iain Russell and Andy Stirling. Our board have always been fairly sensible with money in this division and I'm sure there will be a way to cover costs but I do wonder how we're managing to fund a 24 man squad on an average crowd of about 800.

For all the faults our board has, you can't say they don't back their gaffers when he needs backed. I just hope we're not firing everything on the credit card and hoping for a windfall to pay it off.

Thankless task being a director at a club like ours.A lot of work behind the scenes and this year is no different.The board have worked tirelessly to get a decent squad for a part time team.Whatever we achieve or not this year that fact remains.

33 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Are we to take it that we've all seen the last of The Prince in a Sons strip ?

As disappointing as that would be I think Nade's ability to influence a game is now all but over. With a small squad and finite budget we can't afford to carry anyone who isn't capable of giving us a full 90mins.

The signing of Andy Stirling is a major boost.