Sons' sorrow

3 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

Just noticed that someone seems to be upset with Craig Levein for looking to offload Ally Roy. Says he will come back to haunt "us" :whistle, just like Jason Cummings did.  At least we now know who his big team really is.

10 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Wait, so he is actually a fan? I was convinced he was a relative of Ally Roy :lol:

Called. It.

Sonsteam of 08 1-0 Mr Roy snr.

20 hours ago, sonsanorak said:

Each year we've had a ft team go tits up and finish below us. Livvy, dunfermline, raith, morton, ayr etc.

A week or so ago I was confident morton, falkirk or qots would stumble through the rest of the season, but now less so.

I expect someone will go off the boil and stagger on to the end of the season, we need to be close enough to capitalise on that if it happens.

I'm hoping we get another player or two this week. Squad needs numbers in to boost competition whilst players are injured.

We're ten points off 7th place and we won't catch Falkirk.  I doubt Morton or Queens will blow up like Raith did. Hope is difficult to conjure up from that. We need our best players back . Quickly.

Edited by rockson

Just now, rockson said:

We're ten points off 7th place and we won't catch Falkirk.  I doubt Morton or Queens will blow up like Raith did. Hope is diificult to conjure up from that. We need our best players back . Quickly.

I agree. I just can't see any team going into a big enough freefall. Falkirk and ICT were the hopes, but they've both managed to get their shit together. 

We just need to hope that we can peak for the playoffs. 

From the Queens thread:

1 hour ago, temps15 said:

reported in the sun this morning that if Andy Stirling moves to Dumbarton (more likely on loan) then there is the possibility that we could bring Dom Thomas back on loan.

Maybe it's still on...

11 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

Just noticed that someone seems to be upset with Craig Levein for looking to offload Ally Roy. Says he will come back to haunt "us" :whistle, just like Jason Cummings did.  At least we now know who his big team really is.

Absolutely rumbled :lol:

With Ally off to Norway I doubt we'll hear much more from The Radgeman.

54 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

From the Queens thread:

Maybe it's still on...

Refusing to let myself believe this.

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Absolutely rumbled :lol:

With Ally off to Norway I doubt we'll hear much more from The Radgeman.

Refusing to let myself believe this.

Norwegian football forums will never be the same again after the addition of Områdefyr.

I won't believe it until he's stood holding the top either. Imagine our forward options being Stirling, Froxy, Walsh, Stewart, Beany and Nisbet though. Oaft. On paper that looks really decent.

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Norwegian football forums will never be the same again after the addition of Områdefyr.

I won't believe it until he's stood holding the top either. Imagine our forward options being Stirling, Froxy, Walsh, Stewart, Beany and Nisbet though. Oaft. On paper that looks really decent.

Aye, it sounds lovely but I cannot imagine where the money is coming from. I would think we'd need to ship out the likes of Chris Johnston and possibly Davie Wilson to make room for him, even then that would cost us money (unless we can find loans for them). With only today and tomorrow left I'm not holding out much hope of another signing.

On 05/01/2018 at 14:20, The Moonster said:

Interesting. Can you drink pints and watch the game from this balcony?

If the games televised on S4C you can probably watch it in the Club bar with a drink whilst the game goes on outside. 

Every Trust member should have an email in their inbox.  Voting forms for both the stadium move and the colt teams have been supplied. I've stated that I'm happy for the Trust to support the stadium move at this point and that they can get colt teams so far to f**k.  Make sure you use your vote as this Trust will take a stance either way after these votes, it could mean a lot for us going forward.

Why is Ian Wilson's name on the assurances to the fans bit that was signed only a few weeks ago? I thought he fucked off. Surely he's not still involved on the Brabco side of things. Fishy as f**k if you ask me.

He's still involved with Brabco but appears to be no longer in charge of engaging with supporters with regards the stadium move or on the board. Most likely because he's a condescending p***k who was going to win absolutely no one over. Nothing too fishy about it, it was announced at the time of his resignation from the board that he was chucking it to concentrate on his work with Brabco.

I'll be voting to support the move and to get colts in the bin. Not particularly because I want to move but I believe it is massively in our interests to support it.

1 minute ago, sonsism said:

Why is Ian Wilson's name on the assurances to the fans bit that was signed only a few weeks ago? I thought he fucked off. Surely he's not still involved on the Brabco side of things. Fishy as f**k if you ask me.

He's absolutely still involved in the Brabco side of things.  He fucked off from the DFC board, probably down to the PR mess he was causing on an almost weekly basis but unfortunately there's very little we can do about him investing in Brabco and in turn what Brabco invest in.  I doubt there's anything underhand going on there but we can never be sure.

I still have serious doubts about these guys and their plan, but I do feel it's in the Trusts best interests to publicly support the move at this stage (as much as I found it difficult to put an X next to that on the form).

He's still involved with Brabco but appears to be no longer in charge of engaging with supporters with regards the stadium move or on the board. Most likely because he's a condescending p***k who was going to win absolutely no one over. Nothing too fishy about it, it was announced at the time of his resignation from the board that he was chucking it to concentrate on his work with Brabco.

I'll be voting to support the move and to get colts in the bin. Not particularly because I want to move but I believe it is massively in our interests to support it.
Must have missed that bit when it was announced - assumed he was out of the picture completely.

Colts can get to f**k. Still on the fence with the stadium. I do agree that it's in our interests to support it but I just can't help the feeling we're due a shafting.