Sons' sorrow

Didn’t think there was too much in the game yesterday, as most people are saying, criminal free header for the first, Dougie hill turned inside out at the second, didn’t see where livi were getting the hardie could’ve had a hat trick claims from, or where the two penalties were coming from? For me we’re being too defensive, lacking bit of class midfield, instead of two defensive midfielders. Not impressed with Barr either, always under the ball at headers, gives it away too much, feel sorry for hill, being used sparingly, out of position, and usually subbed. We need more up front as well as nisbet, who looked ok. Both goals came at a good time for livi. We really need to find cash for players before this window finishes. Could still be playing and won’t have scored, Russell getting sharper though

Yes it worked out great eh two going on four 

Aye, and it's worked out great in the 5 or so league games before yesterday.

Why stick with something that isn't working? The 352 may not be the answer but at least it was Aitken trying something a bit different and utilising different personnel.

10 minutes ago, optimistic said:

didn’t see where livi were getting the hardie could’ve had a hat trick claims from, or where the two penalties were coming from?

Probably because he scored one, hit the post and had a couple of other chances? 

There was one incident where he was chasing the ball to get there before the keeper and the defender was trying to take the shirt off his back (I'd have put that in the 'soft but wouldn't be surprised if it was given' category), and the other shown in the highlights where he would have had a good chance to score but is hauled to the ground.

Probably because he scored one, hit the post and had a couple of other chances? 
There was one incident where he was chasing the ball to get there before the keeper and the defender was trying to take the shirt off his back (I'd have put that in the 'soft but wouldn't be surprised if it was given' category), and the other shown in the highlights where he would have had a good chance to score but is hauled to the ground.

The one with him and Barr, where every sons fan were bemused by your fans claims? Never a pen, I’d love miller and hardie in my team, but it seems, we’re scraping the barrel at the minute. Definitely fearing our status as best part time team, I hope ayr win the league below,,cos I wouldn’t fancy my chances against them in the play offs

Can anyone tell me when a player scores two goals for a club midweek , they get dropped for the next game , disgrace  nisbet should have been a sub ,but heh ho now look at our league position.
Yes it worked out great eh two going on four 
U never seem to have anything positive to say. Always a criticism towards the manager and his selections. Every time we get beaten your on here getting your dig in at Stevie and the team. Not seen one thing positive from you. Do you not appreciate the job hes done for the past few years with his hands tied. Not all players can play every game, but i forgot you are a tactical genius. Maybe you should ask stevie to be his director of football. See how that goes! See if we're that bad go support someone else, if you even are a supporter that is.

Naw fanny baws ,you don’t drop a player who scores two goals in your last game. whether you hate him or not ,don’t like the truth , there’s not a team in the country, would drop  a player who scored two goals . 
Sums you up when you come on with insults rather than a valid point. As optimistic says he may have been carrying a knock. There is any number of reasons why he didn't get played. He scored 2 goals agreed, peterhead are 2 divisions below us so the achievement isn't that impressive. His only other decent performance was against a team in a lower division. Who has he played well against in the league this season?
Oh and I think you'll find there are teams who will drop guys that score 2 goals for the next game. For a reference 2 guys scored twice for Leicester at the weekend in the FA cup. Bet you neither of them start their next league game.

Bladdy blah I don’t particularly like him, but you can’t drop him and he’s not injured . 

Everyone has been wanting him dropped for weeks. Aitken was well within his right to leave him out. 2 goals against a team 2 leagues below us doesn’t change the fact that he’s woefully out of his depth at Championship level. My only criticism of Aitken would be that it’s taken so long to drop him.

13 minutes ago, Rangeman said:

Bladdy blah I don’t particularly like him, but you can’t drop him and he’s not injured . 

He made his debut for us almost exactly a year ago. It took him until August to score his first goal for us and the two he scored against Peterhead takes his tally to 3 goals in 35 appearances for us.  He has a goals to game ratio of 0.09 over his entire time with us - that is absolutely honking, even for a player that isn't playing directly as a striker (Ally Roy managed as many goals in his 4 months with us from the same position). There is absolutely no evidence to suggest Calum Gallagher would have continued scoring or even played well on Saturday - there is some strong evidence to suggest that he's not quite good enough to be playing Championship football though.

Having had an opportunity to see the team in the flesh at the Peterhead game I have to say I was surprised when Gallagher bagged a couple of goals as looking at his overall performance it didn't seem too likely.  You could not fault the lad's enthusiasm but to my mind, he looked as though he would not have been out of place in the Play For The Sons game.

Oh, and Rangeman, your use of the term "fanny baws" towards a fellow Sons supporter does nothing to make your postings any more palatable.   A bit of civility amongst our own should be a minimum requirement, punctuation would be an added bonus!

Oh, and Rangeman, your use of the term "fanny baws" towards a fellow Sons supporter does nothing to make your postings any more palatable.   A bit of civility amongst our own should be a minimum requirement, punctuation would be an added bonus!

If only some of us were on the sonsteam list and could have a stab at the identity of the supporter in question.........