Sons' sorrow

48 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I would highly recommend that anyone who hasn't done so already gets an email sent into the club pronto about this Colt proposal. I've sent one stating that I will cease to follow Scottish football or DFC should this go through and I've asked them to clarify their position. If they receive 100 emails of similar nature then we'll force a statement out of them on it, if they receive less than 5 then they'll most likely sleep walk along with it. I urge all of you who are against this to send an email to Frank Meade and Alan Findlay.  Emails are on the official site but to save time: francis.meade@googlemail.com and afindlay@dumbartonfc.com.

Was thinking about doing this all day, but you've convinced me to go for it. Sons fans you've got nothing to lose by making your views heard, and everything to lose by keeping them to yourself. We simply cannot allow this to happen.

Everyone HAS to do it. Spread those email addresses far and wide so folk know exactly who and where to email.

With utter minks like Berwick ready to part their bum cheeks for measley amounts of cash we need to ensure we don't end up looking like cheap heroin riddled prostitutes like them. I'd probably never return.

I would highly recommend that anyone who hasn't done so already gets an email sent into the club pronto about this Colt proposal. I've sent one stating that I will cease to follow Scottish football or DFC should this go through and I've asked them to clarify their position. If they receive 100 emails of similar nature then we'll force a statement out of them on it, if they receive less than 5 then they'll most likely sleep walk along with it. I urge all of you who are against this to send an email to Frank Meade and Alan Findlay.  Emails are on the official site but to save time: francis.meade@googlemail.com and afindlay@dumbartonfc.com.

Hope you didn’t mind me stealing that post for Facebook moonster?

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Agree completely with you but does anyone actually read the emails?

4 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Hope you didn’t mind me stealing that post for Facebook moonster?

Not at all, I was going to post something up there when I got the chance anyway!

1 minute ago, Nowhereman said:

Agree completely with you but does anyone actually read the emails?

Yes. You might not always get a reply but believe me, they read them. 

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I think Frank Meade has left the club. So no point in emailing him.

17 minutes ago, sons'r'us said:

I think Frank Meade has left the club. So no point in emailing him.

His email address was still on the site when I sent my message yesterday. There's been no official announcement on him leaving so as far as I'm concerned he's still the CE.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

His email address was still on the site when I sent my message yesterday. There's been no official announcement on him leaving so as far as I'm concerned he's still the CE.

Website's been updated now; Paul Reilly is now listed as Chief Executive.

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/management/?ID=127

2 minutes ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

Website's been updated now; Paul Reilly is now listed as Chief Executive.

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/management/?ID=127

Yeah, saw that now. Frank's email now taken down too. Ah well, don't email him then.

Edit - Anyone know anything of Paul Reilly other than he's coming from Albion Rovers?

Edited by The Moonster

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Yeah, saw that now. Frank's email now taken down too. Ah well, don't email him then.

Edit - Anyone know anything of Paul Reilly other than he's coming from Albion Rovers?

I know Paul very well and I heard of this move a while ago which really surprised me. He is a retired traffic cop and has lived in Dumbarton a long time. He was Albion Rovers Photographer and then Secretary. As long as I've known him he's been a Rovers supporter.  He was out in South Sudan for a while training the police force in the newly independent country.  He was sadly widowed a while ago.  I was a guest of Paul's when Rovers won League 2 a couple of seasons ago.  He's a pretty straight guy who has done a lot for good causes in his time.  Past President of Dumbarton Burns Club. Very decent bloke IMHO. I'm sure he'll have no illusions about the task in front of him.

On a separate note, sounds like a battling victory at Balmoor.

14 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

Pretty sure he took part in the half-time kickabout, so I don't think it's likely to be anything too serious.

If that's the case then I'm taking "injured in the warm up" as "didn't fancy it and told Stevie his knee was a bit sore".

That may be entirely unfair and cynical, but hey-ho.