Sons' sorrow

We've released Craig Thomson (not that one), a 22yo right winger. Not ITK in the slightest but all your chat about signing a winger, and the fact we rarely release youngsters who haven't already agreed a move, is adding things up in my brain.

@Kyle is the best at explaining what type of player he is. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

We've released Craig Thomson (not that one), a 22yo right winger. Not ITK in the slightest but all your chat about signing a winger, and the fact we rarely release youngsters who haven't already agreed a move, is adding things up in my brain.

@Kyle is the best at explaining what type of player he is. 

Seems to be one of these guys who is an excellent signing in FM, but hasn't actually done anything of note in real life. He's also not Andy Stirling, so meh.

9 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Seems to be one of these guys who is an excellent signing in FM, but hasn't actually done anything of note in real life. He's also not Andy Stirling, so meh.

I'd be a bit shocked if he ended as high up the league system as you lot, tbh. 

1 hour ago, Always the Sons said:

No need for bribes just get The Moonster to ask his good Buddie.

Hold on a second there, who says I won't need payment?

Some free advice though, let him say his bit and leave it at that. He can't be reasoned with so waste your time with something else.

Seeing as things are so boring i wanted to ask Sons fans what signing was your most disappointing in that it promised a lot and delivered very little?

For the money spent ,32k, Calum Campbell for me.Scored a brace vs St Johnstone in the mickey mouse cup and that was it.

16 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Seeing as things are so boring i wanted to ask Sons fans what signing was your most disappointing in that it promised a lot and delivered very little?

For the money spent ,32k, Calum Campbell for me.Scored a brace vs St Johnstone in the mickey mouse cup and that was it.

There's been a few. Darren Gribben came to us with a decent goal scoring record and I had hoped he would do well. Rumour has it that he was dipping the pockets of his team mates and was swiftly moved on without making an appearance.

Michael Moore was another similar to Gribben in that he had a decent scoring record but failed to do anything of note for us before being moved on after half a season.

Eddie Annand. We'd hoped for someone with experience to lead the line, unfortunately he appeared to have more experience in pie eating than playing football.

Danny Handling could easily be the winner of this though if he doesn't show anything in the next few months.

Add Andy Rogers to that list, came with a fabulous record, probably had the worst luck in front of goal of any sons striker, even hitting one of the post, the ball trundling along the line, hitting the other post, then going out for a goal kick. He and Paul mcquilkin had similar luck, but he came with no major achievements to boast

1 minute ago, optimistic said:

Add Andy Rogers to that list, came with a fabulous record, probably had the worst luck in front of goal of any sons striker, even hitting one of the post, the ball trundling along the line, hitting the other post, then going out for a goal kick. He and Paul mcquilkin had similar luck, but he came with no major achievements to boast

Came with a fabulous record? He'd scored 2 goals in 33 games (played over 4 years) for Falkirk before joining us. He was basically unknown. Rodgers and Russell were an excellent partnership for us, I liked Andy even if he didn't score enough. It was clear when he left that he was a bit of a fanny though, citing a lack of ambition at the club whilst he fucked off to Montrose and spent the rest of his career in the lower half of Scottish football.

Paul McQuilken just wasn't very good.

Surely Mark Brown is the correct answer here? He came having been a Premier League regular for quite a few years, yet looked new to goalkeeping for most of his time at the Rock.

Looking back a wee bit, Steven McDougall wasn't a bad player for us, but I just felt he failed to ever really reach the levels he was capable of (a few moments of brilliance aside). A season or two later Kevin Smith was a massive disappointment as well, especially after we seemingly battled pretty hard to sign him. Not as disappointing as Steven Craig mind you...

Steven Craig. Came from Wycombe where by all accounts he was very popular. We thought we were get a Physically Strong, intelligent Striker with great finishing but instead we got a lazy, finished, Journeyman.

Came with a fabulous record? He'd scored 2 goals in 33 games (played over 4 years) for Falkirk before joining us. He was basically unknown. Rodgers and Russell were an excellent partnership for us, I liked Andy even if he didn't score enough. It was clear when he left that he was a bit of a fanny though, citing a lack of ambition at the club whilst he fucked off to Montrose and spent the rest of his career in the lower half of Scottish football.
Paul McQuilken just wasn't very good.

That was codeword for I'm actually going to Montrose for more money but i'll tell the press it's lack of ambition so I look good. Not that anyone would have had any issues with him moving somewhere for more cash.

Having swatched his Twitter recently it would appear he is still an absolute fanny.