Sons' sorrow

2 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Lyle and Beany are really good mates by all accounts, so hopefully he can work his magic.

Delighted to have him back. Apparently he's looked really fit and sharp in training, so I reckon he'll add something totally different. 

Beany does the hair, and Lyle does the teeth :thumsup2

9 minutes ago, optimistic said:

So are we fully expecting further signings and movings on today?
I.e, aird, lyle, nade, Walsh?

Expect an annoucement that Hutton is signing an 18 month deal today.  He asked for the extra year.

Doubt anything else will be done today.

10 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

Expect an annoucement that Hutton is signing an 18 month deal today.  He asked for the extra year.

That frightens me. The guy turned it on for 3 or 4 games the month before his deal was up and now we're flinging another year at him? I hope not.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

That frightens me. The guy turned it on for 3 or 4 games the month before his deal was up and now we're flinging another year at him? I hope not.

My thoughts exactly.  I have only really rated him in 2 games, the Raith home game (I think) and St Mirren away.

Just now, microdave said:

Was it Craig Barr who signed a 2 year deal in the summer?  Someone did but not sure if I'm remembering correctly.

Mark Stewart officially - though Mango's agent suggested he signed a two year deal, but I haven't seen that backed up anywhere.

59 minutes ago, optimistic said:

So are we fully expecting further signings and movings on today?
I.e, aird, lyle, nade, Walsh?

Lyle is currently injured (and also cup tied). Which doesnt prevent him moving if there is any truth in him talking to you of course but does mean he isnt going to play for you any time soon.

My thoughts exactly.  I have only really rated him in 2 games, the Raith home game (I think) and St Mirren away.
Absolutely.... we're not talking Andy Dowie or Boomer material here - Hutton has a way to go to justify an 18-month deal. If he performs until the season's end, fine, we sit down and discuss but if he is sticking on a longer extension right now I'd call his agent's bluff.

12 minutes ago, Rangeman said:

Walsh is signing for Inverness and wee would be as well with bobby Russell maybe durrant could bring him out of retirement a pure joke of a signing what went wrong with nisbet ?

Walsh can only sign if we agree a fee which in reality might not be a bad thing and we wouldn’t be as well with bobby russell

While you're all coming to ogle Beany tomorrow, don't forget about the fans' forum in the Community Suite at 2pm, looking at what might be best for the future of the club off the pitch, so that we can go on annoying everyone on it for many a year to come. ;) 

There's some background info on the trust website - the FAQ on the ground relocation. Colin Hosie will be coming along to explain the club board's viewpoint. I'll be there along with Alan F, Stevie Lynch and Alistair T (our negotiating team with Brabco), and Alan will MC. Do come and find out the latest and buy me a drink have your say!  https://sonstrust.wordpress.com/2018/01/12/faq-on-stadium-relocation/

OK, back to transfer news, views and speculation... I'll stay out of that one, as I try to avoid controversial issues. *cough*

Simon

Edited by TheFarPost