Sons' sorrow

6 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

Russell and Hutton today.

Walsh going to Dundee United end of season.

Lyle and Aird being worked on.

Nade looks like he is finished also, retirement just around the corner.

The only surprise there is Fraser Aird. Is he really much cheaper than the likes of Andy Stirling (he's certainly not any better than him)? 

If Lyle is genuinely looking to leave then I would hope the fact Beany is here now would sway him to us, don't doubt others will be in for him though.

I'm happy to see Beany back, really hope it works.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

The only surprise there is Fraser Aird. Is he really much cheaper than the likes of Andy Stirling (he's certainly not any better than him)? 

If Lyle is genuinely looking to leave then I would hope the fact Beany is here now would sway him to us, don't doubt others will be in for him though.

I'm happy to see Beany back, really hope it works.

Talks talking place just now for Lyle and it's going 'positive'.

Agree on Aird, not the best but might be okay to bring off the bench.

4 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

Talks talking place just now for Lyle and it's going 'positive'.

Agree on Aird, not the best but might be okay to bring off the bench.

I suppose if Aird is the replacement for Roy then it's not the worst. No doubt about it that Andy Stirling would be preferable though.

Lyle's an interesting one. What we all long suspected has recently been confirmed in the QoS thread - he's made a career out of scoring against us. But does he have anything left to offer at this stage? Again, I 'd hold him up against the players who have appeared up top for us this season and say get him in.

Russell and Hutton today.
Walsh going to Dundee United end of season.
Lyle and Aird being worked on.
Nade looks like he is finished also, retirement just around the corner.

What’s the story with Aird then? Always seemed very handy for us coming off the bench, very direct and offered us a different outlet than we currently have, strange one [emoji848]

Lyle's an interesting one. What we all long suspected has recently been confirmed in the QoS thread - he's made a career out of scoring against us. But does he have anything left to offer at this stage? Again, I 'd hold him up against the players who have appeared up top for us this season and say get him in.
Someone mentioned that he had 8 goals this season for queens. I can't be bothered looking it up to verify that's defo a job for so8. But if indeed true then I would argue that yes he still has a lot to offer at this stage.

2 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:
45 minutes ago, Consolidate said:

Someone mentioned that he had 8 goals this season for queens. I can't be bothered looking it up to verify that's defo a job for so8. But if indeed true then I would argue that yes he still has a lot to offer at this stage.

He's got 8 in all competitions, aye.

I'm a huge admirer of Nade but he's at the tail end of a decent career and it's clear he's no longer able to offer enough. At our stage, with a small constrained budget we can I'll afford to carry players who aren't able to give full 90 minute performances.

In that regard I see Russell as an improvement  on the squad but it can't. E a straight 1-in-1-out unless we add another. Lyle would be lovely of we could make that happen.

Walsh has been good, but I'd surprised if anyone was willing to pay for him, particularly Dundee Utd who by all accounts aren't exactly wiping their arses with scores. Would he hugely improve their current squad? I'm not massively convinced, I'd rate Stanton higher for example.

That's not to take away from him being our best performer so far, I absolutely wouldn't grudge him a move to a full-time club. Still feel he has too many quiet games for someone to be jumping in with a fee in January, especially when he's available to sign a PCA as of now.

If we sign Aird I hope his attitude is better than it was when he was at Rangers. He was an arrogant little shit BUT there are parallels with the career of Walsh so hopefully Durrant and Stevie can give him a kick start as there is a player of a decent calibre in there. 

Lyle is a massive aye from me. Absolute has to be in. More mobile than Nade and his eye for goal is something he won't lose. It's worth a punt even on a 5 month deal. 

If Nade is to retire then fair play. He's done well for us and it's best to call it a day before he becomes a laughing stock. Best to bow out with a bit of dignity. 

Even if Russell can bag us 5 or so goals and a couple of penalties from now to the end of the season it will be a signing that would pay off. 

2 minutes ago, the snudge said:

If we sign Aird I hope his attitude is better than it was when he was at Rangers. He was an arrogant little shit BUT there are parallels with the career of Walsh so hopefully Durrant and Stevie can give him a kick start as there is a player of a decent calibre in there. 

Lyle is a massive aye from me. Absolute has to be in. More mobile than Nade and his eye for goal is something he won't lose. It's worth a punt even on a 5 month deal. 

If Nade is to retire then fair play. He's done well for us and it's best to call it a day before he becomes a laughing stock. Best to bow out with a bit of dignity. 

Even if Russell can bag us 5 or so goals and a couple of penalties from now to the end of the season it will be a signing that would pay off. 

Have to agree.Lyle will always score goals as will beany.Think its vital to hold onto Walsh but Aird would be a good addition if Roy moves on.I would say that the squad will have improved a good bit if indeed all of this goes down.

Despite being very staunch, Aird is actually a decent guy. I sat at a table with him at Murray Park after a reserves game a few years ago, and he was quite happy to have a chat. He's also a regular in my barbers, where Sonsteam of 08 senior had a big conversation about Claudio Ranieri with him.

His accent is awful, but with Durrant coaching him he'd do a job for us.