Sons' sorrow

12 minutes ago, Thechicogibsonexperience said:

Is that wishful thinking? emoji848.png

See here: https://sonstrust.wordpress.com/2018/01/09/owners-give-written-assurances-to-fans/

Written assurances from our owners that the board will be changed and the Trust seemingly having input as to who will be included. I cannot stress how huge this could be for us, comments like Mr Aldo Mac's above would be far less frequent if we had the right people on board. As it is now, Mr Mac would need to deal with an auld fucker whose only thought is "how much money can I fleece here?".

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

https://sonstrust.wordpress.com/2018/01/09/owners-give-written-assurances-to-fans/

This is a bit of a game changer for me. Written and signed guarantees of sustainable stadium ownership, a new DFC board, fans increase in shareholding, fanas guaranteed to be included in the business development at the new place and they're bringing themselves onshore?

The new board is absolutely massive for me, that and increasing our shareholding. That's extremely positive and fair play to Brabco for finally giving us what we needed.  Without wanting shot here, I'd be inclined to support the proposal based on that...

Still doesn't say that the club will own the new ground though and that is a huge concern imo

See here: https://sonstrust.wordpress.com/2018/01/09/owners-give-written-assurances-to-fans/
Written assurances from our owners that the board will be changed and the Trust seemingly having input as to who will be included. I cannot stress how huge this could be for us, comments like Mr Aldo Mac's above would be far less frequent if we had the right people on board. As it is now, Mr Mac would need to deal with an auld fucker whose only thought is "how much money can I fleece here?".

Ah not read the ‘written assurances’ yet but it all seems good in principle. Though it would be nice if it was a stand alone pledge and not a seemingly sweetener to seek fans approval for the stadium move.

be62ba00c8b41bec63d522704dbe19fc.jpg

Anybody know what this is about? It’s on the latest thread on the Lennox Herald FB page regarding the Stadium move.

It’s interesting reading local residents comments on articles regarding the club and how they are perceived in the community. Bad experiences whether they have fabricated or have some substance seem all too familiar.

I get avid supporters of DFC are in the minority in this area and for numerous reasons but why so much disdain? Maybe this should be the focus of any charm offensive. I know the trust is chipping away at the negative culture within the inner sanctum of the club. Tough gig, though sense this should be a matter of urgency.

Maybe one day things will change.....

There was a Celtic fan wishing us bankruptcy for having the audacity to appoint Durant as assistant manager.

You just can't address that kind of craziness

2 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Still doesn't say that the club will own the new ground though and that is a huge concern imo

Agree although someone on the Trust's facebook has already confirmed that we are working on that with them and HMRC to see what the best ownership model is.  "Sustainable" is the key word for me in that assurance.

Just now, Thechicogibsonexperience said:

Ah not read the ‘written assurances’ yet but it all seems good in principle. Though it would be nice if it was a stand alone pledge and not a seemingly sweetener to seek fans approval for the stadium move.

Again, I tend to agree but if they now realise that what we need are these things in order to get us on board, and they've conceded, it's a good thing.  As I say, giving us this in writing is a big step, removing the current board and replacing them with the right people would be another huge step and would probably get everyone singing from the page.

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

What we need is someone who can score goals, and has experience of being a director of a business.

Wait a minute...

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14505893.Footballer_threatened_to_slit_police_officer_s_throat__hearing_told/

Without a doubt these are the greatest two paragraphs ever written.

Ah I see now

This explains the fancy wallies ,the old ones were probably knocked out:rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Agree although someone on the Trust's facebook has already confirmed that we are working on that with them and HMRC to see what the best ownership model is.  "Sustainable" is the key word for me in that assurance.

Sustainable probably means a long lease which Chris Stainton mentioned at the meeting at the ground back in October. Problem with long leases is that there are ways around them  and of course landlords can change. 

2 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Sustainable probably means a long lease which Chris Stainton mentioned at the meeting at the ground back in October. Problem with long leases is that there are ways around them  and of course landlords can change. 

Yeah, I do have that worry but again the Trust have said on facebook they are in discussions about this with HMRC, presumably to determine whether we would be liable for any tax bill should we accept ownership of the new development, which was the ONLY reason (Brabco's words not mine) that they were looking at the long lease.

1 minute ago, Sweet Pete said:

Call me cynical, but this still doesn't feel right. Smelled a rat since day one and still smell it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not just throwing my backing right behind them and saying I trust everything they want to do now, but it's a step in the right direction and if they start to put these things into action then they'll win me over.  They have a long way to go before a brick can be laid and we'll be on their case throughout it. Right now though, if we are asked to back their proposal I think it is in the Dumbarton fans interest to say yes, we back them.

Call me cynical, but this still doesn't feel right. Smelled a rat since day one and still smell it.

They are looking to get a return on their investment. I have no doubt that they have no desire to see us go down the tubes, their preferred outcome would be a win win for all of us. It's not ideal but it is what it is and you wont find anyone more critical of the whole situation than myself. Particularly when it comes to lack of maintenence of the current site.

As outlined above it's in our best interests to support this. The proposed changes we have been promised are absolutely worthwhile for us, we simply cannot continue with the current regime or setup we have. If that's a sweetener to get us on board so be it, it's business at the end of the day.

The consequences could be pretty dire if the Trust are a stumbling block in getting proposals approved.

I'm viewing this as a 'you scratch our back, we'll scratch yours' but as always we should be approaching this with the utmost caution.

3 minutes ago, Consolidate said:

'Written assurances' - reminds me a bit of the 2014 Vow.

Confirmation that the football club  will own the new stadium outright would have me engaged and on-board. I'm not sure any amount of misdirection re long leases and peppercorn rents will change that.

Fair points and I think that's what everyone prefers. If the club would incur a large/unservicable tax bill by taking ownership of this stadium, would you accept the long lease/peppercorn rate solution?

27 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Fair points and I think that's what everyone prefers. If the club would incur a large/unservicable tax bill by taking ownership of this stadium, would you accept the long lease/peppercorn rate solution?

I'd be interested in understanding the makeup of an unservicable tax bill.. but anyway - I'd likely take my chances at the current site before ceding ownership.