Sons' sorrow

3 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

It seems Andy Stirling had been told to find a new club ..

Wonder if he will end up back with you .

Was a sub with us on Saturday at Livi but apparently would not warm up at half time just sat on the bench .

Has a 2 year contract with us has never really played a good game for us 

He'd be delightful for us, I'm just not sure we'll have the money for another wide player. We really need to strengthen up front and possibly at the back if injuries are bad.

1 minute ago, Thommo90 said:

Said this a month ago and I will say it again, Andy Stirling will be at us by the end of the window, most likely a loan.

Straight from the horses mouth.

If we can get Stirling, Beany and another striker in on top of Dick (ooer) then Stevie will have done some excellent business this month.

Stirling would be a huge upgrade on our current wide options IMO. I'd also rather him than Russell. Was Russell deployed as a striker at Airdrie? As the Queens fan above pointed out he was generally a wide player with them.

I have to agree with Moonster though, I'm not convinced we could afford him.

I've had a bit of a think about this now and if Aitken ships out Morrison and brings back Stirling and Russell in this window then I'll offer him a free shot of my arse at the POTY awards. Happy to offer my arse to Stirling too if it helps get the deal over the line.

5 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

On another I see there is another Trust meeting on Saturday. I actually only caught the tail end of Saturday's but it came across as more of a sales pitch for moving to the new ground from some absolute random character. Is the new one being arranged because these guys hijacked the last one? Or was it always on the agenda for them to speak?

At one point the guy was practically grabbing the mic off Simon, came across like an absolute dobber and some of the community chat was fairytale stuff. Bin plz.

The dobber in question is a former leader of Edinburgh City Council! ;)  To be fair, I was pointing the mike in his direction when questions came about the proposal, because it's his job to sell it, not mine. But yeah, it was a little awkward...

So, yes, we're having another session because we need more conversation among fans about the risks and opportunities in all this --  which isn't about sales pitches, but the future of the club we love... and for which we will be around long after PR people have disappeared.  

Since we met, we've had some written assurances on key issues from Brabco, which will be publicised very shortly. Colin Hosie (who has always been really friendly towards the trust and the fans) will also come along to explain the club board's perspective. And we'll have the FAQ available for people to read (it'll also be online and mailed out) -- with responses to major issues from the owners and from your trust reps (Alan F, Stevie Lynch, Alistair T and myself).

We hope that will provide as much info and opportunity as possible for people to feel they know what's at stake in voting on whether or not the trust should give its green light to the next stage in all this, the planning application -- bearing in mind that even if that hurdle is passed, there's a long way to go.  That vote should take place for trust members early next week. 

Edited by TheFarPost

Hope the rumours surrounding Beanie potentially returning are true, was a good player for us and always a thorn in any side we came up against following his years at the sons. He was my favourite player back in the 2003/04 days when I was a wee boy so it would be great to have him on board again. I still think he would do a job for us as he will be keeping himself fit and has a natural eye for goal.

If Beanie and Stirling return it really could give us the lift we desperately need. Fingers crossed.

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Don't count on it. We were promised this all those years ago. I can't recall him ever winning a penalty for us.* I can recall once he was completely flattened though and never got the award.

Not sure about this one. I don't think QoS fans could really comment on his ability to play as a lone striker as he was predominantly used as a LM. Funnily enough we've not had anyone come close to playing that position as well as him since he's left. Mind you GN doesn't always play a LM but that's another story.

His age isn't so much of a concern as his ability. Lyle is a year older than him and is still doing the business and Dobbs is the same age and is still the best striker in the division. The worry with Russell would be if his technical ability has improved. For me he relied a lot on his pace, something Dobbs and Lyle don't. If he is able to hold the ball up and bring players into the game then he'd be worth a punt and he is capable of scoring himself.

It'll be interesting to see what comes of it and if he wins a penalty against us, even if he is literally snapped in two, I'll be livid. Purely down to the fact we were promised lots of penalties and never got any emoji38.png

* Something is telling me he won one but I'm not confident about that.

He was awarded at least a couple I think but certainly not a flood of them. If my home pc wasnt broken I would look it up but it so I cant!