Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

If he was coming in on a fairly cheap deal and wasn't the only striker coming in I'd be all for the gamble. I have always rated him and wanted him to come back but he is 35 now and spent a fair whack of time away from the game.

IF he is the only striker we're signing then I'll be hugely concerned.

And if we don't sign ANY striker I'll be even more concerned.  As I understood it Beany only left the game due to some business opportunity with hair products or such like (seriously); if his general fitness level is decent then we are talking match fitness as his ability is proven.  It could all boil down to him looking SA in the eye and giving an honest assessment  for both parties.

If he did sign it would be great to see the volte-face of that small but vociferous band who've given him dogs abuse since he left us all those years ago.

And his Maw used to teach in Knoxland, the best primary school in all the world (as did Wilf's...) :smartass

2 years ago today Iain Russell had 90% of our fans chanting ‘Cheat, Cheat, Cheat’ at him as we scored after his attempted dive backfired. I agree that he would be a very useful squad player but I’d hope he wouldn’t be our main striking option given he’s not played in 8 months although he does seem the Kenny Miller type who could still be a threat at this level.

He always got abuse, cos we know he’s good, and always loved scoring against his former teams, which he did with aplomb. If he signs, I hope it continues. I’d still like another with striker with him

I used to boo him cause he was a diving b*****d.

On another I see there is another Trust meeting on Saturday. I actually only caught the tail end of Saturday's but it came across as more of a sales pitch for moving to the new ground from some absolute random character. Is the new one being arranged because these guys hijacked the last one? Or was it always on the agenda for them to speak?

At one point the guy was practically grabbing the mic off Simon, came across like an absolute dobber and some of the community chat was fairytale stuff. Bin plz.

Here's the story. Could we do worse? Aye, certainly. Will he be more effective than Greg Morrison? Probably.

Assuming he's still in good shape I'd go for it. Looking forward to a sharp rise in our penalty stats.ef19cd9969eea289fd14481b43df2608.jpg

Don't count on it. We were promised this all those years ago. I can't recall him ever winning a penalty for us.* I can recall once he was completely flattened though and never got the award.

Not sure about this one. I don't think QoS fans could really comment on his ability to play as a lone striker as he was predominantly used as a LM. Funnily enough we've not had anyone come close to playing that position as well as him since he's left. Mind you GN doesn't always play a LM but that's another story.

His age isn't so much of a concern as his ability. Lyle is a year older than him and is still doing the business and Dobbs is the same age and is still the best striker in the division. The worry with Russell would be if his technical ability has improved. For me he relied a lot on his pace, something Dobbs and Lyle don't. If he is able to hold the ball up and bring players into the game then he'd be worth a punt and he is capable of scoring himself.

It'll be interesting to see what comes of it and if he wins a penalty against us, even if he is literally snapped in two, I'll be livid. Purely down to the fact we were promised lots of penalties and never got any [emoji38]

* Something is telling me he won one but I'm not confident about that.

I used to boo him cause he was a diving b*****d.

On another I see there is another Trust meeting on Saturday. I actually only caught the tail end of Saturday's but it came across as more of a sales pitch for moving to the new ground from some absolute random character. Is the new one being arranged because these guys hijacked the last one? Or was it always on the agenda for them to speak?

At one point the guy was practically grabbing the mic off Simon, came across like an absolute dobber and some of the community chat was fairytale stuff. Bin plz.

It's being arranged to give fans the chance to question either Brabco's pr people or the trust about the proposed move.

If you'd prefer to talk about it less formally then I'm sure Simon and Alan would be happy to do so. I certainly am - feel free to ask when I'm at the game on Saturday.

I'm excited about the premise of Beanie returning for nostalgia alone. I'd agree we need another striker in as we can't be relying on him but it's definitely a gamble worth taking as I doubt he'll be looking for a crazy wage.

It seems Andy Stirling had been told to find a new club ..

Wonder if he will end up back with you .

Was a sub with us on Saturday at Livi but apparently would not warm up at half time just sat on the bench .

Has a 2 year contract with us has never really played a good game for us 

It seems Andy Stirling had been told to find a new club ..
Wonder if he will end up back with you .
Was a sub with us on Saturday at Livi but apparently would not warm up at half time just sat on the bench .
Has a 2 year contract with us has never really played a good game for us 

It seems he’s just not good enough for you. I tell you what, we’ll take him back and in return you’ll receive the Hardworking Callum Gallagher and the fresh Chris Johnston who will be more suited to your Promotion push.