Sons' sorrow

It's illegal, and I would imagine the driver probably wants to keep his job.

Actually I'm not sure it's illegal once you're over the border. My understanding is the ban of booze on busses is for travel to football games within Scotland. Therefore my assumption is that it would not be banned when in England. Furthermore if there was a bus going down staying overnight that was not going direct to the game then that bus may completely exempt.

Of course I may be talking absolute crap but worth checking out.

What's everyone's plans for getting to the semi final? Is the club running a bus? I fancy a few drinks so don't want to drive down, getting the train would mean staying over and I dunno how the Mrs would take that lol

10 of us getting the train down. 1200 on sarurday from Glasgow central gets you to Chester for 1546. Checking into a hotel in Chester then 36 minute train to nearest train station in Gobowen followed by a 2 mile taxi journey. Back up next morning on the 1036.

The train isn't that expensive and all in including our overnight stay we're just under £100 a head. Although still got local trains to factor in.

1 hour ago, Robbiem1872 said:

Drinking on the bus for the cup semi should be fine as legal to drink at English football 

Sorry to disappoint the jaikies but coaches there are governed by The Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc), Act, 1985, which specifically prohibits the carrying or consuming of alcohol on coaches travelling to or from designated sporting events, which includes all senior football matches

14 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Yeah that's what I thought. Think I might leave the trust bus as a backup option. I probably seem like a degenerate jakey but fancy a few drinks at this and a 6 hour bus journey without the ability to crack open a can or 7 isn't too appealing

From experience, unless you are going to get stupid pished and start making a racket and causing a scene, you will be fine to have a couple of cans on the bus. I know someone else who is planning the same... :whistle

From experience, unless you are going to get stupid pished and start making a racket and causing a scene, you will be fine to have a couple of cans on the bus. I know someone else who is planning the same... :whistle
I'll leave the tambourine at home then

1 hour ago, addicksion said:

Sorry to disappoint the jaikies but coaches there are governed by The Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc), Act, 1985, which specifically prohibits the carrying or consuming of alcohol on coaches travelling to or from designated sporting events, which includes all senior football matches

We’ll I’ll be dammed

Edited by Robbiem1872

9 hours ago, pleslie99 said:
9 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

I'll leave the tambourine at home then

I'll even buy you a pint when we're down there :lol: I'm taking my other half with us but I'll have plenty of refreshments with me. It is a long journey after all.