Sons' sorrow

Donald Anderson and Paul McLennan from Playfair Scotland Ltd are coming along to the Rock today, before the Falkirk game, with a display and leaflets about the new DFC stadium proposal and planning application: https://sonstrust.wordpress.com/2017/12/22/stadium-project-info/  Come along to the Community Suite from 1.30pm to  get more information, ask questions and  share your views.  It's vital that fans are fully engaged!  (A press release and video from the owners will be up on the DFC site from midday.)

Edited by TheFarPost

Interesting to see that the local teams have given it their full support. I wonder if, beside the option of more pitches and maybe special deals for them, they actually understand the potential implications for the club if this goes wrong.

Here's your most important line:

We want Dumbarton FC to have a thriving future, with fans and the community at it's heart. A sustainable community stadium development could create major opportunities for us and for the local area, which we want to be fully part of.'

Interesting to see that the local teams have given it their full support. I wonder if, beside the option of more pitches and maybe special deals for them, they actually understand the potential implications for the club if this goes wrong.
We want Dumbarton FC to have a thriving future, with fans and the community at it's heart. A sustainable community stadium development could create major opportunities for us and for the local area, which we want to be fully part of.'

Quite surprised to see that come from the trust tbh. That suggests full support for the move.

It does sound like the trust support the move. Disappointing. The most worrying thing is that it will be built using the sale of the site of the current stadium. Which means being left homeless. If the new stadium goes tits up then what happens? If we move I'd like to only see us go on the condition that we have a ground ready 

2 hours ago, the snudge said:

It does sound like the trust support the move. Disappointing. The most worrying thing is that it will be built using the sale of the site of the current stadium. Which means being left homeless. If the new stadium goes tits up then what happens? If we move I'd like to only see us go on the condition that we have a ground ready 

If that is the case then this should be opposed by each and every fan. There's a blatantly local reason why plans like that shouldn't be trusted.

That is a condition of moving. The owners have stated that the club doesn't move until the new ground is built and capable of hosting us.

6 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=3358

And the begging begins...

Edited to add:

"Some Key Facts and Figures

*Dumbarton Football Club is one of Scotland's most successful football teams"

Anyone else notice they couldn't even spell correctly the word complement (as in adding extra to something as opposed to admiring it).

I'm not sure where this support came from. How did they lobby the teams? Being involved with one I heard nothing of the sort until it was on the website. Then a few tweets saying "we were supporting the move" etc etc. Have sent an email to my clubs committee questioning this and who made the decision.

Anyway merry Christmas to all sons fans

4 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I'm not sure where this support came from. How did they lobby the teams? Being involved with one I heard nothing of the sort until it was on the website. Then a few tweets saying "we were supporting the move" etc etc. Have sent an email to my clubs committee questioning this and who made the decision.

Anyway merry Christmas to all sons fans

My guess is that they went to the clubs and said "would you support more 3G pitches in the area/would you use them" and that sort of stuff. Naturally the clubs responded positively, hence they now have their support.

Be interesting to see if that is what happened, or if they've actually got some more info that we haven't.

Anyone got any info on Boomer ?  What an absolute shitter for the lad, and I fear it will be some time before we seem him back.  He had settled in very nicely too, and we're now left with a dilemma at left-back.  Personally, I'd try Davie Smith ; he did enough yesterday and although he's not naturally left-footed he offers far more pace to jockey and harry opponents than Dougie Hill, who is primarily a centre-back, full stop.