Sons' sorrow

hi guys . queens fan here . is it okay to park in morrisons or asda and walk to the ground on tuesday night . i hope my car does not get  number 1 STOLEN  number 2  CLAMPED . .  cheers guys

I just parked on the street leading up the ground and never had any bother. My only advice would be to park facing the way out or you'll be sitting a while after the game. Parked there twice and never had any bother. I'd have been shocked as it looks a particularly nice area.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

I just parked on the street leading up the ground and never had any bother. My only advice would be to park facing the way out or you'll be sitting a while after the game. Parked there twice and never had any bother. I'd have been shocked as it looks a particularly nice area.

I've never heard of anyone's car being stolen or damaged down there, the only issues we had were Hamilton fans who were thrown out and walked down Castle Road (street leading up to the ground) kicking wing mirrors off but the locals aren't interested in anything like that. It is quite a nice area down there and with more housing being built on the opposite side of Castle Road I'd say your car is probably safer there than in Morrisons/Asda.

I've never heard of anyone's car being stolen or damaged down there, the only issues we had were Hamilton fans who were thrown out and walked down Castle Road (street leading up to the ground) kicking wing mirrors off but the locals aren't interested in anything like that. It is quite a nice area down there and with more housing being built on the opposite side of Castle Road I'd say your car is probably safer there than in Morrisons/Asda.

Hamilton fans in being little fuckwits shocker! The chances are the majority of the cars would have been owned by their own supporters.

Queens fans are a pretty beige group so can't imagine any will be ejected. I think the whole area when arriving in Dumbarton looks lovely. Just boosted my love in of DFC [emoji38]

32 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Hamilton fans in being little fuckwits shocker! The chances are the majority of the cars would have been owned by their own supporters.

Queens fans are a pretty beige group so can't imagine any will be ejected. I think the whole area when arriving in Dumbarton looks lovely. Just boosted my love in of DFC emoji38.png

Yeah I suppose if you're coming in through Glasgow Road from the A82, Dumbarton does look quite nice. I can assure you it doesn't all look as nice :lol:

On 21/11/2017 at 08:43, Cheeko Green said:

If they are willing to confiscate a drum due to several complaints surely everyone who wants the drum to stay should contact the club and say how they enjoyed the atmosphere it created? If the people who like the drum outnumber those who complained then old Frank will have no choice

Unless, as is the case with Dundee United, there was a complaint(s) from proximate residents. 

Edited by Howlin' Wilf

15 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Unless, as is the case with Dundee United, there was a complaint(s) from proximate residents. 

That's like the people who bought a house near Croft Racing Circuit, and then complained about the noise of racing cars. If you buy a house next to a football stadium expect big crowds, floodlights and noise. Some weird folk out there!

1 hour ago, Northern Son said:

Does our percussion section have room for a Triangle?

I play triangle in a reggae band...

3 minutes ago, Robbiem1872 said:

I feel the triangle could add atmosphere to the group come along

Let Jah be praised!

I an' I will just stand at the back and ting...

That's like the people who bought a house near Croft Racing Circuit, and then complained about the noise of racing cars. If you buy a house next to a football stadium expect big crowds, floodlights and noise. Some weird folk out there!

Aye, but only floodlights apply in Dumbarton’s case.

43 minutes ago, Robbiem1872 said:

Great game for the sons today, whole away end involved in the atmosphere class to see on too next week!

*To. I'm all for having ultras, but they should be grammatically accurate ultras ;)

Anyway, you guys were excellent today. Created a really good atmosphere and, dare I say, helped the team a bit more than the usual 'CAMMMAANNN QUICKER NOT GOOD ENOUGH' patter. Hopefully you can get that sort of atmosphere going at home. 

Anyway, I was Googling Froxy to see if he had now scored more for us than any other team, when I stumbled across this

http://like.philenews.com/diµitris-froxylias-elena-theodorou-to-neo-hot-zevgari-tis-egchorias-showbiz-systinete/

First paragraph:

The footballer in the team of Nea Salamis. She, a journalist at Mega, is the new face on the show "All For You" and an impressive model. Dimitris and Elena are together for the past one and a half years and are the new hot couple of the domestic showbiz

Never thought I'd see the day when one half of the 'new hot couple of domestic Cypriot showbiz' is playing for us.

58 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

*To. I'm all for having ultras, but they should be grammatically accurate ultras ;)

Anyway, you guys were excellent today. Created a really good atmosphere and, dare I say, helped the team a bit more than the usual 'CAMMMAANNN QUICKER NOT GOOD ENOUGH' patter. Hopefully you can get that sort of atmosphere going at home. 

“Ultras” hahah, I would class the old livi drum beat mafia more ultra minded that us, anyway thanks for the support 

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Anyway, I was Googling Froxy to see if he had now scored more for us than any other team, when I stumbled across this

http://like.philenews.com/diµitris-froxylias-elena-theodorou-to-neo-hot-zevgari-tis-egchorias-showbiz-systinete/

First paragraph:

Never thought I'd see the day when one half of the 'new hot couple of domestic Cypriot showbiz' is playing for us.

The Cypriot 'Hello' magazine :)

#RealHousewivesOfTheRock