Sons' sorrow

I have had enough and this guy Frank Meade has to go. He obviously has no idea about what following a club like Dumbarton is about. I will not rest until he has gone.

You may not have to wait too long as I'd be surprised if he is here for the long term. Yesterday's nonsense was a shame because I'm told Frank Meade, an accountant by trade, has been a real asset recently in clarifying the financial situation of the club and bringing rigour to the operation.
Be that as it may, the drum carry-on was entirely avoidable. It would make excellent copy for the press, etc., if the club now stated publicly that it over-reacted and the lads are welcome to return with their drum.
As for the complainers, they need to get a sense of perspective

3 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Make more, sell them

All you have to do is send them a wee email requesting a player and they'll add it online. I did it last night, and they got straight to it. 

I'd imagine there might be a strong demand for a Garry Fleming one..

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

How do you know it was someone old who complained?

There is no proof that anyone actually complained.  There is a recent and consistent history at DFC of unsubstantiated statements being used to fit a chosen narrative. 

Edited by Turnberry Fields Forever

Irrespective of what happened, here's a great opportunity to create some atmosphere and attract much needed involvement with a younger fan base. Sure it might annoy a few but we could get a section at the back corner of the stand and let them make as much noise and have as much fun as they want. We can accommodate without upsetting people. I'm sure the Trust rep will be doing his upmost as always to get a sensible outcome. I'm sure there is a solution and the board will help.

10 minutes ago, Always the Sons said:

Irrespective of what happened, here's a great opportunity to create some atmosphere and attract much needed involvement with a younger fan base. Sure it might annoy a few but we could get a section at the back corner of the stand and let them make as much noise and have as much fun as they want. We can accommodate without upsetting people. I'm sure the Trust rep will be doing his upmost as always to get a sensible outcome. I'm sure there is a solution and the board will help.

I would expect the Trust to seek a resolution on this.  But that resolution will require club officials to desist from knee-jerk Yosemite Sam impersonations.  We've had far, far too many of these down the years.

Just to offer a slightly different perspective on drumgate. After the game, a friend of mine was having a wee celebration for her son’s 18th birthday in the bar. She had arranged for Steve Aitken and a couple of players to present him with a birthday cake and a signed top. That all went very well but Frank Meade also appeared and gave the lad a bottle of champagne from the club. I asked him about the drum and he said he had received “several” complaints about (the drum) last week from season ticket holders and he felt that he should act. If that is the case, then is he not left with the judgement of Solomon?

The problem isn't that complaints were made. It's the perception that the response was disproportionate. If 1 season ticket holder complained and the outcome costs us 2 younger fans then its been handled poorly.

My own opinion is that a compromise could probably have been reached. My bigger concern is that if complaints were made at, or immediately after, the Raith game then the issue should have been dealt with before 3pm on Saturday.