Sons' sorrow

I walked up to the turnstiles with the boys today, showed towards the wee window to purchase a parent and child ticket as paying at the gate last week " didn't work " according to the steward.  Fair enough, get my ticket and rejoin the que.  Head into the right hand turnstile with my ticket to be told I have to go in the other gate. I mean it's only a wee thing, but these things frustrate people. Get a wee sign up. It's not hard. I feel for the trust because the people the club employ to make a fans experience better " doesn't work " . 

13 minutes ago, Sons Fan said:

Complete and utter Joke. If you don’t like the noise then move it’s not exactly like we are full.

Loads of negativity around the club and the last week or two they were going well with results and sensible pricing then they go and royally screw their self.

Someone wants to have a work with the Stewards as well. I pull in to the stadium today to be asked by a steward if I’m here for the game. I was totally dumbfounded

Aye, we got that as well. Naw, I thought I'd just buy a 50/50 and then go for a walk into Morrisons...They also ID'd my brother, who is at school and therefore doesn't have a student ID, but not me...I'm 4 year older than him.

In the end I flashed my ID and said it was his, and both of us were allowed in. Stewards are weird.

Club at another level again.

i arrived at 145 and turnstiles we’re open but operator said not till 2pm that they were having a fag first . Went to office and enquired with security officer who implied he was surprised at this .

girl went on radio to say I was complaining and turnstiles should be open . I indicated I wasn’t complaining but was about too!!!.

i then asks why they were closed but I was ignored . They then didn’t know the prices to charge .i had to tell them along with others.

add that to drumgate saga. 

Think I will email the club if only to gauge their response 

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Assuming that is the case, those 'fans' who complained need to have a serious think about whether or not football is for them. I found the drum a wee bit annoying last week, but fair play to the guys with it. They got right behind the team, and it did create a bit of atmosphere. They are our future, and we need more folk their age. If that comes at the expense of a few grouchy older guys then so be it. St Mirren can be cringey at times, but they do have a strong young support - we should try and build up something similar of our own.

Whether it was Frank or someone higher up from the club who made the decision, they need to reevaluate it. If I complained about fans' signing because it was too loud would I have them silenced? I'd love to be able to clamp the folk who jump on the backs of players after every single thing that isn't perfect.

#TeamDrum

For everyday decisions made, there is no-one higher up than the Chief Executive. The clue is in the two words of his title :thumsup2

Just now, Howlin' Wilf said:

For everyday decisions made, there is no-one higher up than the Chief Executive. The clue is in the two words of his title :thumsup2

Good grief. I forgot he was the Chief Exec, I was thinking he was still just the stadium manager, or whatever it was he did last season.

1 hour ago, boghead64 said:

It was frank mead who made the decision I went down and asked him at half time and he said that a few fans had complained about the noise last week. When I questioned him he became quite aggressive. What chance have we got of attracting young fans with people like that in charge

I witnessed your annoyance today and whilst I enjoy listening to random drumming at the fitba' about as much as trying to cut my own head off with a rusty blunt chisel, in principle, you're correct. The young boys weren't causing trouble and they seem pretty good humoured. I thought I saw the stewards then trying to get them to sit down which did seem heavy handed but probably some health and safety rule applies. 

5 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

I've had issues with the parent & child tickets/ turnstiles too. Buy a ticket from the window one week but not the next, parents in one gate, kids another. If there's a difficult way to make something easy, we ll find it

Surely if there's an easy way to make something difficult? ;)

Edited by Howlin' Wilf

Send an email to the club asking for an apology for the aggressive way frank Meade spoke to me when I asked him about his decision don't expect a response but a man who will be long gone from this club before the loyal fans should not be able to make decisions like this without some come back

For far too long now Dumbarton FC has been run by reactionary old men who have little by way of grace or public relations skills.  Today was just another hamfisted example, and it's to be hoped that someone can let these lads know the feeling of the vast bulk of the supporters.

It's often been said that the fans at our away fixtures are much more vocal and enthusiastic than the home crowds - is it any f***ing wonder with the sort of creeping Jesuses who prowl the corridors at The Rock ? 

For far too long now Dumbarton FC has been run by reactionary old men who have little by way of grace or public relations skills.  Today was just another hamfisted example, and it's to be hoped that someone can let these lads know the feeling of the vast bulk of the supporters.
It's often been said that the fans at our away fixtures are much more vocal and enthusiastic than the home crowds - is it any f***ing wonder with the sort of creeping Jesuses who prowl the corridors at The Rock ? 

Correct.

Cull all Dumbarton supporters and officials over the age of 70 and let the rest of us get on with it IMO. Anyone who acts older than 70 but actually falls below the threshold can also be culled.

I've already had my rant on face book. I'll just paste it straight in here:

"What's the best way to get through to those idiot directors that they are in danger of alienating fans with their pathetic attitudes.

That's quite a few things this season and they are tallying up. I'll go public with this statement that our public relations have went backward since Alan Jardine has left when I saw his departure as an opportunity to engage with fans and embrace them more.

It would seem we have serious dinosaurs on board now that a club like ours can Ill afford to carry. They need to realise that fans are the lifeblood of our football club and treat them with respect they deserve.

I've already had my rant on face book. I'll just paste it straight in here:

"What's the best way to get through to those idiot directors that they are in danger of alienating fans with their pathetic attitudes.

That's quite a few things this season and they are tallying up. I'll go public with this statement that our public relations have went backward since Alan Jardine has left when I saw his departure as an opportunity to engage with fans and embrace them more.

It would seem we have serious dinosaurs on board now that a club like ours can Ill afford to carry. They need to realise that fans are the lifeblood of our football club and treat them with respect they deserve.

Replied on Fb big man, an absolute disgrace this carry on

So you can drum at Challenge Cup games, but not at Scottish Cup ties?

I've nae idea who made that decision, but it's seriously poor.

It's seemed awfully pedantic at the time and kind of sums up how the clubs attitude towards the support is viewed I.e. an incovienience. As mentioned already, DFC can ill afford to be chasing folks away.

I would seriously like an answer from the folks involved in the security/stewarding where strict segregation is violated and made obvious (rangers) and is deemed acceptable, however some potential future fans trying to generate some atmosphere is not.

Good heavens ,it seems to me the directors are trying to smother and strangle your club to death.

Next  thing will they will be saying ‘the people of this ancient burgh don’t want a team,just forget about a new stadium 

Cliftonhill anyone ?

Edited by Young gun