Sons' sorrow

Did anyone catch Pedro Caixinha's comments about Ross McCrorie last night? This is a direct quote:

"Ross McCrorie is going to be one of the best centre halves in history, not just for this club but for this country" Now I know that Scottish football hasn't been blessed with the greatest centre-halves in recent times, but I'm assuming I'm not the only one who didn't think he was brilliant with us? I mean, he did a job. He was a fantastic athlete, quick, tall, strong, fantastic in the air, but given time with the ball at his feet he was God awful. Certainly not a patch on Stuart Findlay, who has to be the benchmark for loanee defenders.  

I'm surprised you're naive enough to believe what a Rangers manager says about their young players. Any time there's a hint of pressure they chuck one in and then proclaim them the future.

I'm surprised you're naive enough to believe what a Rangers manager says about their young players. Any time there's a hint of pressure they chuck one in and then proclaim them the future.

That's is very true, although Rangers fans certainly seem to think McCrorie is the real deal. A lot of them were on Twitter at the end of last season saying that he would be strolling into their starting eleven (not hard with Danny Wilson and David Bates tbf) if he wasn't with us...where he struggled to displace David Smith, and didn't displace Darren Barr or Gregor Buchanan.

I suspect he'll be another 14 appearances 1 goal over the next two seasons. Loan spell with Coventry, joins Ross County permanently kind of player.

2 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

That's is very true, although Rangers fans certainly seem to think McCrorie is the real deal. A lot of them were on Twitter at the end of last season saying that he would be strolling into their starting eleven (not hard with Danny Wilson and David Bates tbf) if he wasn't with us...where he struggled to displace David Smith, and didn't displace Darren Barr or Gregor Buchanan.

I suspect he'll be another 14 appearances 1 goal over the next two seasons. Loan spell with Coventry, joins Ross County permanently kind of player.

And 20 years later, towards the end of his playing career, is still getting tagged as "ex Rangers" in what's left of the tabloid press.

1 hour ago, cedrick1 said:

All entitled to an opinion but I don’t quite get sons fans having a dig at mccrorie. 

He showed promise with us and we should be proud of our input to his development. Letshope he makes it.

It's not so much having a dig (certainly not on my behalf). The guy started twice at right-back instead of David Smith, a couple of times in centre-mid (including his MOTM showing at Easter Road) and wasn't considered by Stevie to be a better option than Darren Barr, Gregor Buchanan or even Tom Lang. To see him being touted as the next big thing is therefore quite a surprise. If you gave me the option of having him or Daniel Harvie back at the end of last season then I would've taken Harvie in a second.

Watch him now go on to become Rangers' Kieran Tierney!

5 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Was discussing on twitter earlier, Blair? was listed as Ashwood. I thought no it isn't, then convinced myself it is. Having a 'mare, me.

It looks like Blair to me. Ashwood and he similar age, vintage etc and not to dissimilar looks. OKI 3 will know.

2 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Dafuq's it got to do with Silverton & Overton council? Youngs Farm is nowhere near either.

The last big thing I remember them supporting was the expansion of St James's Retail Park. They believed a pile of shit that the developer told them about a PC World, a Next and a Primark coming in. There was more chance of shit from a rocking horse than any of those three companies locating in Dumbarton.

However, these generally ill informed talking shops do hold some sway with the council.