Sons' sorrow

On another point, two pies, two coffees and a twix, £10:50. No way will I buy them again, bring my own chocolate or crisps. Coffee only from now on will I buy

Never understood how people can't go 2 hours without eating when at the football.

39 minutes ago, optimistic said:

I never stated, macaroni,(boggin), steak, hotter than the sun

Why not complain at the time of purchase to the retailer, rather than on here? I'm sure DFC franchise their catering out, so your observations on price, quality would be better targetted at the source. If you're paying £10.50 for what you say you got, then I dunno who's at fault!

We've responded to Dods' comments on the OS - http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=3233

Seems reasonable to me and sounds like Dods needed something to moan about if we've sorted the shower issues when highlighted. I note we don't "routinely" supply post match food. That would suggest if they'd asked for food in advance we could prepare what they wanted but we don't just fire a spread out every week. Bit of a non-story, now put to bed.

Edited by The Moonster

We've responded to Dods' comments on the OS - http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=3233
Seems reasonable to me and sounds like Dods needed something to moan about if we've sorted the shower issues when highlighted. I note we don't "routinely" supply post match food. That would suggest if they'd asked for food in advance we could prepare what they wanted but we don't just fire a spread out every week. Bit of a non-story, now put to bed.

First up, I'm delighted to see the club actually clarifying things like this. Hopefully the response makes it into the papers too.

Anyway, based on that, it seems like Brechin were absolutely seething at chucking away their first three points of the season, and Dods let his emotion get the better of him. It's mental to complain about the showers being cold if it was something as simple as a wee switch. Ray McKinnon levels of floundering about blaming things from him.

As far as I can see clubs provide catering if their opponents ask for it (and presumably charge them for what they get). Assuming that's the case, and given SD's comments about us not doing it since the Ian Murray days, they basically turned up assuming they'd get food...without asking for it.

Hoping for a full Greek Cypriot post-match buffet when we play St Mirren mind you.

39 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

This is an absolutely sensational dig, even if it's pure coincidence

It seems that the club has answered Dods' criticisms satisfactorily. As for catering prices, as I've said here before, you have to remember that the operator has to pay DFC a rental, pay what? 12 or so staff and has to recoup that in a 20 minute or so period before the game and 15 minutes at half time. Nobody is getting rich on that.

Yeah nice one from the club to put that story to bed. Big Dods making a bit of a fool of himself there it seems.

Apparently there's a theory that the guy that got sent off may have tripped the switch in a temper. All in all Brechin not looking too good in this at all.

As far as I can ascertain the provision of food for away teams was stopped when we were promoted to the Championship as many of the full time teams take there food science more seriously and what we may have offered might have not been to their dietary requirements.

Obviously big Dods a bit inexperienced here and things must have moved on a bit from when he was a player. Big diddy!

20 minutes ago, sons'r'us said:

As far as I can ascertain the provision of food for away teams was stopped when we were promoted to the Championship as many of the full time teams take there food science more seriously and what we may have offered might have not been to their dietary requirements.

You provided food to opposing players for at least the first year and a half after you were promoted. It stopped mid season.

To be fair, Brechin haven't been in your division since and I'm not aware of any other club who don't provide it routinely.

You provided food to opposing players for at least the first year and a half after you were promoted. It stopped mid season.
To be fair, Brechin haven't been in your division since and I'm not aware of any other club who don't provide it routinely.

Do you mean you're 'not' aware of any other club who 'do' provide it routinely?

Like any club, we have to target young families, parents in the 30/40 years of age. We will never be able to do this while we are in the championship. The reason I say this is the pricing structure put upon us by the league and because we sometimes play teams that will nearly sell out their end we can't open it up have free entry for kids with a paying adult in case we run out of seats, imagine the backlash we would have had and bad publicity to go with it. Obviously this could have happened yesterday as we knew what the crowd would more than likely be, and we had a good chance of winning.

i would hope we could offer a similar incentive for the kids against Stranraer. 

Did anyone catch Pedro Caixinha's comments about Ross McCrorie last night? This is a direct quote:

Ross McCrorie is going to be one of the best centre halves in history, not just for this club but for this country

Now I know that Scottish football hasn't been blessed with the greatest centre-halves in recent times, but I'm assuming I'm not the only one who didn't think he was brilliant with us? I mean, he did a job. He was a fantastic athlete, quick, tall, strong, fantastic in the air, but given time with the ball at his feet he was God awful. Certainly not a patch on Stuart Findlay, who has to be the benchmark for loanee defenders.

30 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Did anyone catch Pedro Caixinha's comments about Ross McCrorie last night? This is a direct quote:

Now I know that Scottish football hasn't been blessed with the greatest centre-halves in recent times, but I'm assuming I'm not the only one who didn't think he was brilliant with us? I mean, he did a job. He was a fantastic athlete, quick, tall, strong, fantastic in the air, but given time with the ball at his feet he was God awful. Certainly not a patch on Stuart Findlay, who has to be the benchmark for loanee defenders.

He played really well against Thistle last night. Don't think it's the wisest idea to talk him up like that though.