Sons' sorrow

4 big games coming up for us here with 3 of them being at home. If we can take 7 points from these 4 (wins against Brechin and Inverness and a point against either Livi or St Mirren) we'll be in pretty good shape having taken 10 points from the first quarter which would hopefully see us no lower than 7th having played everybody. Huge incentive for the squad and I sincerely hope we're not in here discussing where we go after picking up 1 or 2 points from those games.

Tannadice was much more encouraging, getting pretty close to our form in the second half of last season. Every single player, including the subs, made positive contributions, with Tom Walsh's amounting to a quantum leap on what he's produced so far. Carswell looked more like his pre-injury self with Wilson alongside him and Hutton's withdrawal was probably a blessing. Dougie Hill was great and he surely deserves to retain his place, although going by Stevie's previous with Darren Barr as captain, he'll probably find a way to get Dowie starting against Brechin.  The only slight negative I thought, was the occasional bit of (characteristic) hesitancy from the goalkeeper.

It'll be interesting to see how we approach the Brechin game, as it's unlikely to suit our usual counter-attacking style. At the moment, I'll gladly accept any kind of a win. It's been a long time since we had back to back league wins, so a haul of five points from our remaining games in the opening quarter might be a more realistic return?

What a weekend this will be. Scotland at home to Slovakia on Thursday, sons at home Friday followed by Scotland hopefully qualifying for the play offs on the Sunday. Can't wait.

I'd love to get a run in the cup. Whilst the league is by far the bigger priority. I'd love a crack at a final of a national cup competition even if it is for lower league teams. We'll maybe never get a better chance.

Seriously? The games been brought forward because of a function?

As far as I know. That Saturday was a free Saturday as it was an international weekend and the club are trying to utilise the function suites appropriately. I dont know specific details but it's no different to what happened a few years ago with challenge cup 1st round games when we moved some games due to weddings taking place.

To be honest I think the chance of a Friday night game adds a wee bit of something different and I am happy with this. Much rather this than an early or late ko on saturday that we are sometimes forced due to tv scheduling, Etc.