Sons' sorrow

Think the latest signing can only be positive but what are your thoughts on the "Danny Handling will not feature" comment?

Did wonder that myself. The fact he isn't listed with the 2 other injured players is odd.

Perhaps we're just over thinking it but something defo seems odd there.

On 31/08/2017 at 14:21, Boghead ranter said:

#forFroxsake

I keep wondering how Lord Charles would pronounce the last three syllables of our Froxy's surname. See below at 2.21 and 5.16  and 6.07 minutes in.

Edited by rockson

From yesterday's game I've got some observations. First of all C Gal is nowhere near the level required.

I heard some people saying Nade was our best player etc. He was pish. He literally stands still and ask for the ball be played perfectly on to his chest. I don't think he got the ball he wants once in the 8 months he's been back. You can argue just give him service but he has no movement into channels or anything. I actually think he prevents the team from flowing going forward because he's always standing there stopping players from behind him having space to move into. Having said all this I'm hoping Greg Morrison will be first choice and hopefully help a lot while Nade can come on for the last 20 minutes where he might actually have a decent impact.

Also we need to get Kyle Hutton out the team rapidly. Can pretty much stand and that's about it. Wilson is far from perfect but would be a massive improvement on Hutton and I genuinely believe there is a decent player in there.

Also we need to stop with the Jamie Ewings shouts. Gallagher is a decent Keeper but with a major lack of confidence right now. Dropping him for someone 5 stone over weight who hasn't play for about a year isn't the right move.

Team for next week imo:
Gallagher
Wardrop, Barr, Hill, Boomer
Carswell, Wilson
Roy, Handling*, Froxy
Morrison

*If as I expect Handling is still out move Froxy central and put Walsh out on the left.

That team would give us a decent chance of 8th imo.

From yesterday's game I've got some observations. First of all C Gal is nowhere near the level required.

I heard some people saying Nade was our best player etc. He was pish. He literally stands still and ask for the ball be played perfectly on to his chest. I don't think he got the ball he wants once in the 8 months he's been back. You can argue just give him service but he has no movement into channels or anything. I actually think he prevents the team from flowing going forward because he's always standing there stopping players from behind him having space to move into. Having said all this I'm hoping Greg Morrison will be first choice and hopefully help a lot while Nade can come on for the last 20 minutes where he might actually have a decent impact.

Also we need to get Kyle Hutton out the team rapidly. Can pretty much stand and that's about it. Wilson is far from perfect but would be a massive improvement on Hutton and I genuinely believe there is a decent player in there.

Also we need to stop with the Jamie Ewings shouts. Gallagher is a decent Keeper but with a major lack of confidence right now. Dropping him for someone 5 stone over weight who hasn't play for about a year isn't the right move.

Team for next week imo:

Gallagher

Wardrop, Barr, Hill, Boomer

Carswell, Wilson

Roy, Handling*, Froxy

Morrison

*If as I expect Handling is still out move Froxy central and put Walsh out on the left.

That team would give us a decent chance of 8th imo.

Nade was far from pish, the service he recives is utterly tragic.

FWIW I took a neutral to the game with me yesterday and his words were that the only 3 who looked like football players were McLaughlin, Nade and Froxy. He was particularly impressed with Nade.

If you want someone running into channels you'd be as well giving up hope of Nade doing it. That isn't his game. He's there to hold up the ball to bring others into play, get on the end of crosses and win aerial duals. Unfortunately for us we have no one running beyond him when he does hold up the ball and no one putting balls into the box for him.

Edited to add: folk wanted Ewings to play yesterday cause it's a fairly meaningless game. What happens if Gallacher gets injured or suspended? It was a good chance to get himself minutes and perhaps dislodge the ever shite Gallacher who doesn't look like a good keeper lacking confidence, he just looks generally shite.

How can we get out of this mess? What can we possibly do to get a striker in? The board need to ask themselves why are they here? Spend the money Dumbarton will get for hosting the youth champions league games. 
The whole thing at Dumbarton is a joke. I'm struggling to find any positives? From entry to exit the whole experience is dire. 32 quid for a parent and child. A five year old and an adult. The concourse is like a prison, catering is crap, team is crap, manager is devoid of ideas. No wonder we can't get fans through the door if the experience is shit. Only saving grace is the Sons trust. I've stayed away the past couple of seasons due to the fact I have a kid and money is tight. She's a bit older now and I was looking forward to taking her as she's getting into football. At 32 quid I'll be staying away from now on. I'll pick and choose a few away games but that today as a product is utter crap. Depressingly shit. I'd rather spend 6 quid and take her swimming or something instead. Well done DFC, you've lost a supporter and a future supporter and probably one more as my Mrs is due again in a few weeks. I'll nip along to the Vale jnrs. 

Exactly the same as me, hence why I started taking my son to watch Clydebank. I just never had the patience to type it all out.

Yesterdays ratings (my opinion)

gallacher 5 (confidence shot)

wardrop 8 (drove us forward)

dowie 7 (won everything but slow forward)

barr 7 ( Thrived the roughness)

hill 7 (aitken quick to drop or sub)

mclaughlin 7 (solid)

c Gallagher 5 ( lacking confidence also)

hutton 6 (just)

carswell 5 ( not fit yet )

froxylias 8 ( tidy, will be useful. Great goal)

nade 8 (not mobile but experienced)

Roy 7 ( pace they couldn't cope with)

wilson 7 ( less negative with him)

Johnson 7 (best I've seen him)