Sons' sorrow

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Hopefully a return of the St JohnSons link. How I miss those days :( 

Everything points to us signing Dimitris Froxylias, I'll be shocked if it's another loan signing although I do think another loan would be preferable to a 24 year old who is a complete journeyman of Cypriot football.

I note that Froxylias is known as Jimmy the Greek which is quite confusing because he's from Cyprus and his name is Dimitris but there ye go.

Accoriding to Wikipedia he's Greek with a Cypriot maw. I think he chose Cyprus due to not getting a sniff at the Greek national team but I couldn't be sure on that one.

Fingers crossed both fingers players can come in and help with the cause.

I might be wrong in this but is it not the second pre season where the manager has said publicly we have a smaller budget and at points said we won't be signing anymore players then he goes on to sign players.

2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Makes it a bit of a farce using the Irn Bru cup as preparation friendlies when we're  still chopping and changing the squad on deadline day.

At least we arn't freeing players we've just signed. This time a couple of years ago Darren Miller and Gordon Smith had both been let go after just signing in the summer