Sons' sorrow

4 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

RE: The Morrison signing, if he joins us after the 'deadline' would it have to be on a 93 day loan, or would we be able to stretch it until the January window?

One for @SkylineDrifter I suspect

I would think (and fucking hope) that we'll agree a development loan for him before the window closes but with Ross County's U20's still in the Irn Bru Cup he won't actually join us until next week.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I would think (and fucking hope) that we'll agree a development loan for him before the window closes but with Ross County's U20's still in the Irn Bru Cup he won't actually join us until next week.

Aye, that's what I'm hoping, but reading Adam's article on the Report website had me a bit worried that we hadn't thought things through, and would be left in a Brophy-esque situation a few years back :lol:

21 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

RE: The Morrison signing, if he joins us after the 'deadline' would it have to be on a 93 day loan, or would we be able to stretch it until the January window?

One for @SkylineDrifter I suspect

Any Development Loan or Standard Loan needs processed before midnight tomorrow night. Otherwise the only option left is an Emergency Loan which has as you say a maximum 93 day period which would only get you to the start of December from right now.

This is the final season of Emergency Loans too. This time next year it truly will be a transfer deadline though of course free agents will still be able to be signed.

8 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Any Development Loan or Standard Loan needs processed before midnight tomorrow night. Otherwise the only option left is an Emergency Loan which has as you say a maximum 93 day period which would only get you to the start of December from right now.

This is the final season of Emergency Loans too. This time next year it truly will be a transfer deadline though of course free agents will still be able to be signed.

Is that to stop some clubs abusing the system or another reason? 

3 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Is that to stop some clubs abusing the system or another reason? 

I think FIFA are just cracking down on lower divisions finding a way around the transfer windows. I'm sure I read somewhere that the Football League was stopping them too.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

7 minutes ago, optimistic said:

What kind of striker is he? Big strong hold up man, or Archie Campbell quick kind of guy? Hopefully the former, we need a big target man in the box bossing people about 

6 ft tall so not Archie Campbell...

ETA: I'm disappointed @Sonsteam of 08 hasn't updated his Wikipedia yet...

Screenshot_20170830-154600.png

Edited by squeezeboxson

12 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

6 ft tall so not Archie Campbell...

ETA: I'm disappointed @Sonsteam of 08 hasn't updated his Wikipedia yet...

Screenshot_20170830-154600.png

Funnily enough I was doing it when you posted that :lol:

His page updated: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Morrison_(footballer)

Sons' page updated: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dumbarton_F.C.

Current season page (inc squad list) updated: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_Dumbarton_F.C._season

Squad box updated: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Dumbarton_F.C._squad

I would say I need to get out more, but DFC clearly waited until I finished work to announce his signing :whistle

30 minutes ago, optimistic said:

What kind of striker is he? Big strong hold up man, or Archie Campbell quick kind of guy? Hopefully the former, we need a big target man in the box bossing people about 

A powerful lad who can find the net seems to be the consensus. I'm hoping McLaughlin can put his excellent left foot to good use a bit more and pick him out in the area.

Froxy to sign up now and we'll no doubt start dismantling this division.

Nice to see us signing a couple of players. There will now follow a few days of optimistic posts.

I feel that the previously, seemingly vitally important matter of entering the game via a turnstile instead of a door may now take a back seat until our next defeat.

Bunch of tarts that you are! ;)

1 hour ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Nice to see us signing a couple of players. There will now follow a few days of optimistic posts.

I feel that the previously, seemingly vitally important matter of entering the game via a turnstile instead of a door may now take a back seat until our next defeat.

Bunch of tarts that you are! ;)

I do like an optimistic post

Seems like it could be a decent signing for us. Hopefully works out and gives us a better goal threat.

Regards all the other annoyances this season. They do need to sort out that F****g car park rule not letting folk leave until 5pm. Makes absolutely no sense and encourages drivers to park elsewhere causing other issues and some folk will just not bother going at all. All these wee niggling off field things have got me well pissed off this season.

Anyhow I hadn't posted my dissatisfaction since my post on Saturday and whilst I've calmed down a bit I'm still raging. Was going to pen an email to the club requesting some answers but will see if there are any changes this weekend 1st as they must know it's pissed quite a few folk off.