Sons' sorrow

I actually don't view Stewart as a loss in the slightest. I'm looking forward to someone else getting a shot in his position, someone who may be able to contribute more than absolutely f**k all. My choice would be Seagal, who is never a winger IMO.

Obviously a major issue is our severe lack of forwards but hopefully this will highlight that issue and a move can be made for someone.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

You can add the astronomically cringey tweet begging for RTs to show Jack Ross how much fans love him and want him to stay to the cringe list.

Also worth adding #marchingintogether.

lets get to 1000 and show Jackie baby our love :wub: 

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I actually don't view Stewart as a loss in the slightest. I'm looking forward to someone else getting a shot in his position, someone who may be able to contribute more than absolutely f**k all. My choice would be Seagal, who is never a winger IMO.

Obviously a major issue is our severe lack of forwards but hopefully this will highlight that issue and a move can be made for someone.

I actually agree. The thing is he's best up front in a 2. We're best as a team in a 4-2-3-1, and that's lead to him being shoehorned into positions where he doesn't look comfortable. The Prince up top, Handling, Roy and one of Johnston or Walsh on the other side will have a far better shape to it than a side with him on the wing. Then stick the SeaGal up top when The Prince is done.

#Sonsteamof08TacticalGenius 

19 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

You can add the astronomically cringey tweet begging for RTs to show Jack Ross how much fans love him and want him to stay to the cringe list.

16 minutes ago, Kyle said:

lets get to 1000 and show Jackie baby our love :wub: 

#sonsfamily

We need someone to play off Nade.

Surely we have the bodies to go 4-2-3-1?

Nade up front.

Ally Roy wide left, Handling or Wilson in the middle and Walsh or Gal wide right.

Means we can play Barr and Carswell as holding midfielders and Hill at centre half. By having 2 defensive midfielders we try to keep it solid at the back but don't lose an attacking threat by playing 3 attacking midfielders in front of them. Plus it's 3 players who will do a bit of running for Nade rather than expecting him to do it all.

When were under pressure it becomes a more solid 5 man midfield.

Just now, BallochSonsFan said:

We need someone to play off Nade.

Surely we have the bodies to go 4-2-3-1?

Nade up front.

Ally Roy wide left, Handling or Wilson in the middle and Walsh or Gal wide right.

Means we can play Barr and Carswell as holding midfielders and Hill at centre half. By having 2 defensive midfielders we try to keep it solid at the back but don't lose an attacking threat by playing 3 attacking midfielders in front of them. Plus it's 3 players who will do a bit of running for Nade rather than expecting him to do it all.

When were under pressure it becomes a more solid 5 man midfield.

Scott Gallacher

Sam Wardrop Andy Dowie Dougie Hill Chris Mclaughlin

Craig Barr Stuart Carswell

Johnston/Walsh Danny Handling Ally Roy

Christian Nade

Would be our strongest team imo.

Mark Stewart out for the next 3-4 weeks with a broken elbow sustained on Saturday.

I think it's a blow in that it depletes our already thin squad. It was obvious on Saturday that he was struggling with it when he was running. He was deliberately keeping that arm rigid and had obviously injured it.

Seagall looks the most likely option. You could see/hear when Mark Stewart's obviously done that on Saturday, I'm not sure it was wise to let him play out the 90 minutes. The news just gets more depressing each week with the club at the moment.

I really hope it isn't SeaGal. Based on what I've seen so far he offers very little, and that's generous. I'm still slightly haunted by his offering as a striker on our last visit to Ayr last season. He's not a striker and from what I've seen he struggles in wide midfield as well.

I actually agree. The thing is he's best up front in a 2. We're best as a team in a 4-2-3-1, and that's lead to him being shoehorned into positions where he doesn't look comfortable. The Prince up top, Handling, Roy and one of Johnston or Walsh on the other side will have a far better shape to it than a side with him on the wing. Then stick the SeaGal up top when The Prince is done.
#Sonsteamof08TacticalGenius 

Scott Gallacher

Sam Wardrop Andy Dowie Dougie Hill Chris Mclaughlin

Craig Barr Stuart Carswell

Johnston/Walsh Danny Handling Ally Roy

Christian Nade

Would be our strongest team imo.

I'm in total agreement with that side. I'd have Walsh over Johnston from what I've seen so far, and it's a decent starting eleven. It's when we start getting injuries and having to replace Nade after an hour in games that it starts getting a bit hairy and short of quality replacements.

You look at those attacking options and sort of wince a bit. Either the current crop will have to pull an Andy Stirling and improve dramatically as the season progresses or we need new faces. It's that or no goals.

Let's hope it's the former and there's a bit of improvement.

For me, Mark Stewart gives his all but it's not remotely worked so far when he's up there on his own with no support.

Nade and Roy are our best attacking options with Roy having looked really impressive so far when given the chance.

But after that it's really slim pickings. I've seen nothing in SeaGal to suggest there's a potent attacker there and him aside there's really no other option, it'd be a very square peg in a very round hole.

I'm really hopeful that Stevie does have a deal still to be done in the form of a striker on loan, in spite of what he's stated publicly...

On 23/08/2017 at 09:50, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

We know how much you hate Saints after your escapade in Hospitality.

:thumsup2

What's the deal with loan signings? Do we pay their full wages or a percentage? We're a great stepping stone for a young player. 

As far as I'm aware we pay as much as we can towards their wage.

We are effectively paying as much for a loan as any other signing and I guess at times even more. I've even heard of clubs wanting a fee for a loan player in recent times but I'm not 100% sure how accurate that info is.

21 minutes ago, the snudge said:

What's the deal with loan signings? Do we pay their full wages or a percentage? We're a great stepping stone for a young player. 

Pretty much whatever the clubs agree I'm sure. If the club are desperate for a player to go on loan to a team they could essentially still pay their wage and send them out. But I'd imagine it will be somewhere in the middle. Varying quite a bit.

Need a CM? Chris Millar has been told he can leave us, via transfer or loan. Could likely still do a job in the top flight tbh, but his injury history is a bit sketchy.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Need a CM? Chris Millar has been told he can leave us, via transfer or loan. Could likely still do a job in the top flight tbh, but his injury history is a bit sketchy.

A non-goalscoring CM?

Stevie will be all over that.