Sons' sorrow

Just now, Boghead ranter said:

Not really, they're coming to us.

I knew this would happen. This is why I voted Brexit. It's an invasion of our sovereignty. The Daily Express warned us all this would happen.

In other news, Craig Barr has updated his Twitter profile picture :wub:

Connaghs put four past Prestatyn on Saturday for a 4-0 victory Whether that is good bad or indifferent I have no idea but on checking website I see Connaghs are a somewhat hirsute team. Maybe there is a razor shortage in Wales but our boys will have to start growing beards to match them.

They also beat Helsinki 1-0 a mere 3 weeks ago...

Just checking. There was quite a few fans on here that wanted nothing to do with last night's tie against Rangers Colts.

Many stayed away in protest about the leagues inclusion of colt teams in the In Bru cup. Therefore boycotting the game.

Now Correct me if I'm wrong here but most seem to be ok with playing a team from another country. Fair enough.

So the protest only applies to games where we play colts and other than that most fans are fine with going to other games in the competition provided it's not against Colts?

But isn't the whole tournament been compromised in the 1st place and any meaningful boycott should apply to all games in the competition until the SFA remove the colt teams?

Don't get me wrong I'm not having a go at anyone here but am struggling a bit getting the entire logic behind the boycott.

Btw I didn't go last night as i didn't fancy it but will go to the game against at Connahs quay.

Personally I think the idea of Welsh and Irish teams in the competition is a bit farcical. Not so much as having colt teams but farcical none the less. Yes I agree it's a novelty to see ourselves against other clubs from other countries but this is our competition in our country! I am intrigued to see us against the Welsh team however I can't help but think it's devalued the competition further after the colt debacle. If they are joining in they should be playing in the 1st round like the rest of us. Technically, a team that could've won the champion league (until Celtic put them out) could win a cup in our country for teams out with the top league. To any normal outsider looking in, the sfa/spfl (who Evers jurisdiction it falls under) just keeps becoming a bigger laughing stock.

Just checking. There was quite a few fans on here that wanted nothing to do with last night's tie against Rangers Colts.

Many stayed away in protest about the leagues inclusion of colt teams in the In Bru cup. Therefore boycotting the game.

Now Correct me if I'm wrong here but most seem to be ok with playing a team from another country. Fair enough.

So the protest only applies to games where we play colts and other than that most fans are fine with going to other games in the competition provided it's not against Colts?

But isn't the whole tournament been compromised in the 1st place and any meaningful boycott should apply to all games in the competition until the SFA remove the colt teams?

Don't get me wrong I'm not having a go at anyone here but am struggling a bit getting the entire logic behind the boycott.

Btw I didn't go last night as i didn't fancy it but will go to the game against at Connahs quay.

At face value this is fair comment, but with the greatest respect I think you are missing the bigger point. The Betfred Cup HAS become a petri dish for a number of novelty ideas, but where Colt teams are concerned I'm absolutely convinced their inclusion in this competition is a precursor for a future attempt to shoe-horn them into the league. For the sake of democracy and the integrity of Scottish football this must be resisted.
If anyone has any qualms about turning up for the Nomads game then you could always give it a miss but give your money to DFC.

For me, yes the competition has been devalued by the inclusion of the colt teams, and it's a bit silly to include the Welsh and Irish sides to it, but the crux of it for me regarding the boycott is...

I boycotted the game against Rangers U20's because it's their 'seniors' that are part of what's eroding Scottish football. While I do really detest and have no respect for the SFA (or whatever they're called under their umbrella) for including the colt sides, the Irish and Welsh sides aren't an utter scourge on our game. Therefore I'll happily attend the cup games from here on in as I have no 'stance' to take now that the ugly sisters have been toed out of the tournament.

The inclusion of Irish and Welsh teams in a pointless, squad-stretching, baw-ache competition is silly but harmless in itself.

The inclusion of colt teams is dangerous, for reasons already discussed at length. f**k that and f**k them.

The participation of the colts is enough to dissuade me from going to any Irn-Bru Cup games, and overrides any novelty factor from being drawn against new teams. I won't be attending these games and I'd prefer if our key players didn't either.

As already mentioned, the competition is a joke and I'd ditch any games against colt teams for obvious reasons.

The Welsh and Irish teams are not potentially joining our leagues, so even though it makes the competition a bit mental, il still go to these games. Mostly because I hate missing games and hopefully it's still £10 (or less!) to get in..