Sons' sorrow

47 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Good to progress and get rid of that shame at the same time.

Hopefully we haven't picked up any more injuries tonight and we can concentrate on the serious business of the league on Saturday.

Did Carswell get much of an outing tonight?

Carswell came on as sub and was obviously a bit rusty. Saw Hutton for first time tonight and he seemed well off the pace. Obviously needs more game time. If the Prince was playing we would have put six past a young rangers side who played pretty football but had no cutting edge. Indeed they only scored due to a bad mistake by Johnston. I think next round draw is tomorrow and it would be nice to see the lads have a run in a cup competition for a change.

Not much gained from tonight to be honest. Barr's injury did look very minor though and he was able to play through it for about 10 minutes before coming off. Calum Gallagher was effective up front using his pace and strength well and also winning a lot in the air. If handling isn't fit I would start C Gal just behind Nade on Saturday.

In Midfield Wilson was decent and linked play up well. The whole defence was solid and Boomer would be my MOTM. He was good going forward and put a lovely cross for Stewart's goal and was untroubled defensively. Carswell looked pretty sharp and we looked like a better team almost immediately he came on.

Don't want to sound like a raging youth Da but last night would again have been a great game for Kyle Prior to get some more time on the park. Would also have allowed us to rest Mango. If he's not good enough to even contribute as a bit part squad player why did Aitken offer him a deal?

Nice to get the result. Hopefully we get an actual team in the next round. Maybe Mark Stewart scoring will give him some confidence.

27 minutes ago, sonsism said:

Don't want to sound like a raging youth Da but last night would again have been a great game for Kyle Prior to get some more time on the park. Would also have allowed us to rest Mango. If he's not good enough to even contribute as a bit part squad player why did Aitken offer him a deal?

Nice to get the result. Hopefully we get an actual team in the next round. Maybe Mark Stewart scoring will give him some confidence.

I thought he would've played Prior and a few of the guys who have been sat on the bench for the opening league games, also thought Handling should've been given a run out. I think we signed Prior because he'll be on very little and in case of emergency will probably do a job. Agree that last night seemed ideal to give him time though.

Good to see Stewart open his account, I imagine he was playing as the main striker last night? Perhaps that's a role more suited to him than playing off a big guy like Nade.

Think I might go to that. I don't mind the inclusion of the Welsh/Irish sides, and it's something genuinely quite interesting.

Connah's Quay Nomads is also a fantastic name for a football team.

Crusaders v Motherwell U20s though :lol:

5 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Pretty much everyone on here. The home attendance was little over 100.

There was approx 300+ in the 'Home End'. The 'Away End' was far busier though.

Sons played ok, Stewart took his goal well, Hutton was capable, we could do worse than try & get Ryan Hardie on loan to bolster our strikeforce.

Our defence is shaping up nice I think. Pleasing win.

Sons played ok, Stewart took his goal well, Hutton was capable, we could do worse than try & get Ryan Hardie on loan to bolster our strikeforce.

The attendance was 389? Even with my limited mathematical ability I'm struggling to see that adding up.

Someone done a headcount after kick off and claimed there were roughly 113 in the home end.

Was the 300+ from an official source? I seen a pic of the stand and there's nae chance there was over 600 there. I've seen attendance figures look off in the past but for us to claim there was half the actual amount would be odd.