Sons' sorrow

16 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Haven't seen anything about Shaw going out on loan yet. Brian Graham just left so i suppose that moves Shaw up a space. I'd like to see him go play most weeks though. Good result today for you guys.

I will return the compliment TGIG , Hibs played a great game yesterday and simon murray has been transformed.Now please can you give us Oli Shaw?

Apparently Shankland is on trial at Swansea... aye Swansea, of the English Premier League. Hopefully that means we'll be signing someone else although I'd be fairly astounded if he bagged a deal down there.

I'd far rather the likes of Shaw, I'm hoping that one may be a goer after Lenny done the wideo on us with Porteous. Owes the boys a favour.

It didn't sound pretty but points on the board whilst we try and assemble a midfield and attack to complement the defence is OK.

Yeah, pretty much.

I don't think it will be pretty this season but prettiness and ease on the eye comes a far and distant second to getting points. And yesterday we set up well, were organised, solid in defence (albeit riding our luck at times, but most sides do) and got a well-deserved point. More of the same will do just fine.

Apparently Shankland is on trial at Swansea... aye Swansea, of the English Premier League. Hopefully that means we'll be signing someone else although I'd be fairly astounded if he bagged a deal down there.

I'd far rather the likes of Shaw, I'm hoping that one may be a goer after Lenny done the wideo on us with Porteous. Owes the boys a favour.

He's on trial with their under 23 squad, I would imagine he'll be a squad filler at best, even at youth level.
We are due a development fee, rumoured to be £50k, if he signs for another team.

Development fees depend on what level the club he end up at are playing, so could well be a bit less if he drops down.

15 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Development fees depend on what level the club he end up at are playing, so could well be a bit less if he drops down.

Thats true internationally. Not sure its the case on a domestic development fee, though the value of the contract to be signed is relevant certainly.

Yoker are playing the Bankies at Holm Park on Wednesday evening according to the SJFA website. If you're needing a football fix, and are considering going to the U20s game for that, don't. Go to Holm Park instead (with your Yoker scarf on, obvs).

Maybe they can start a petition and report us to the polis. Maybe get some soothing sudocrem for their wee sensitive farters. I'm the first to complain about prices but a tenner is hardly daylight robbery. We're the ones losing out on dough due to their shitey, pointless inclusion.

I hope absolutely none of them turn up.

Dougie Hill made it into SPFL Team of the Week - well deserved too. Hope he can replicate that form for the rest of the season, and make folk like me who had doubts about his signing look like diddies.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-team-of-the-week-49-4/

2 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Dougie Hill made it into SPFL Team of the Week - well deserved too. Hope he can replicate that form for the rest of the season, and make folk like me who had doubts about his signing look like diddies.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-team-of-the-week-49-4/

I see Lewis Vaughn also made it into the team.

Edited by C'mon_the_Sons
Typo