Sons' sorrow

They would be as well buying an Alloa season ticket tbh.

For a group of folk who pride themselves on being winners in the 'real supporters' cock measuring contest, their pining of, and following around of ex players is utterly pathetic.

You're here to support Dumbarton FC, not Garry Fleming, Bryan Prunty and Alan Lithgow.

Dumbarton's shame IMO.

Firstly I thought the timing of the meet stevie was bizarre but accept he had probably completed his team talk by then.

i was interested to hear plans for this season not why we (correctly in my view) released Garry and Martin.

also in contrast to what others have said did I see it as a chance to criticise and have a go a SA. Perhaps that was included in the timing ??.

whilst I am a bit underwhelmed by our signings I understand there is no money there so we are what we are.

i will continue where I think in is necessary criticise and voice my opinion and hopefully praise where I think it's deserved.

if anyone from the club reads this.the debacle for entry for season ticket holders was embarrassing today followed by the farce of the car parking stewards at the end. Explain and apologise please. 

3 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

if anyone from the club reads this.the debacle for entry for season ticket holders was embarrassing today followed by the farce of the car parking stewards at the end. Explain and apologise please. 

I'm sure Les Hope will be online very shortly to answer you [\sarcasm]

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

"My hair used to be ginger (in tribute to Stevie) but I dyed it back to pink because you released Garry Fleming!1!11"

A sensible answer from Aitken was then followed by...

"Will you consider signing Garry Fleming in January?"

We're all entitled to our opinions, but f**k me that was hard to watch. Not hard sorry, painful.

Truly terrifying tbh

The season ticket is silly. Seems like change for Change sake.

What happened with the stewards at the end?

I managed to escape the car park quite early, so would like to know what happened there too. I did feel that the stewarding was really heavy handed today though. Three stewards stood at the first entrance, two of whom spent the whole game eyeballing fans hardly makes you feel comfortable, and totally reeks of overkill. The same goes for the big pre-match inappropriate behaviour rant. Never, in my entire time supporting DFC, have I seen a 'homophobic flag'.

Aside from that, the turnstile operator didn't know what number in ST book to use, which wasn't the best start, and the selling of tickets out of a window that doesn't fully open looks extremely amateurish.

I also had to wait behind a couple of people to get in...something that never really happened at the Season Ticket door.

Sometimes you have to seriously question some of decisions made by those in power at the club. Maybe there are perfectly logical, health & safety reasons for the changes, however (based on my first impressions) it just made me feel like an inconvenience.

I managed to escape the car park quite early, so would like to know what happened there too. I did feel that the stewarding was really heavy handed today though. Three stewards stood at the first entrance, two of whom spent the whole game eyeballing fans hardly makes you feel comfortable, and totally reeks of overkill. The same goes for the big pre-match inappropriate behaviour rant. Never, in my entire time supporting DFC, have I seen a 'homophobic flag'.

Aside from that, the turnstile operator didn't know what number in ST book to use, which wasn't the best start, and the selling of tickets out of a window that doesn't fully open looks extremely amateurish.

I also had to wait behind a couple of people to get in...something that never really happened at the Season Ticket door.

Sometimes you have to seriously question some of decisions made by those in power at the club. Maybe there are perfectly logical, health & safety reasons for the changes, however (based on my first impressions) it just made me feel like an inconvenience.

I did email the club to ask for an explanation of the changes to season ticket entry. Needless to say there has been no response

11 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

What's this homophobic flag stuff? Also didn't hear any rant?

I got down to the ground about quarter to 2 so I didn't see any entry problems. I did wonder why the hell we had folk hanging out of a window though.

What's this homophobic flag stuff? Also didn't hear any rant?
I got down to the ground about quarter to 2 so I didn't see any entry problems. I did wonder why the hell we had folk hanging out of a window though.

Pre-match Jim seems to have to go through an 'unacceptable conduct policy' over the tannoy. That includes the line "the club will not tolerate ANY inappropriate behavior...including homophobic flags".

Think it's just before the teams are announced, so like 20 minutes before kick off or so.

9 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Pre-match Jim seems to have to go through an 'unacceptable conduct policy' over the tannoy. That includes the line "the club will not tolerate ANY inappropriate behavior...including homophobic flags".

Think it's just before the teams are announced, so like 20 minutes before kick off or so.

All clubs are supposed to do this. Have you not been doing it all along? You don't necessarily have to read the whole policy but you have to draw people's attention to it. There will be posters up at entry points in the stadium and it should be printed in full in the club programme.

All clubs are supposed to do this. Have you not been doing it all along? You don't necessarily have to read the whole policy but you have to draw people's attention to it. There will be posters up at entry points in the stadium and it should be printed in full in the club programme.

I certainly can't remember us doing it in the past, certainly not to the same degree where you feel like you're getting a row pre-match!

It's certainly in the programme, but I'm sure we've only started doing it this season. Can't remember Clyde or Killie reading it out during the Betfred either.

26 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I see. I usually walk out to my seat at about 2:58pm so I never hear any of that stuff.

Can we include No Surrender flags in this ban?

11 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I certainly can't remember us doing it in the past, certainly not to the same degree where you feel like you're getting a row pre-match!

It's certainly in the programme, but I'm sure we've only started doing it this season. Can't remember Clyde or Killie reading it out during the Betfred either.

Its possible you have been pulled up for it by a match delegate then and are now reacting. Like I say, reading the whole policy is probably overkill (though we do it for "big" games) but it is compulsory to at least draw attention to it and remind people pre match.