Sons' sorrow

There is definitely some ability in there with Shankland. His form and quality of goals he scored in the short spell under Rae showed that.

Based on experience I wouldn't fancy him in a team in a relegation fight. Last season he was one of the worst performers in an absolutely abysmal team.

Seemed to chuck it early and couldn't motivate himself to do the basics (i.e. Staying fit). Possibly to do with the comfort of a decent contract with Aberdeen.

Could be a decent signing if he treats it as his last chance, could also be a disaster going part time and has more time to sit on his arse

7 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Apparently Aitken is keen to talk to former AK Athens striker Dimitrios Froxylias who has been on trial at Dunfermline.

Where's this come from?  

I honestly think Aitken is trolling us here, just firing random names out to every reporter he speaks to.

Just now, The Moonster said:

Interested as to why you wouldn't take Sutton?

Ive seen him at many clubs and the only time he looked effective was his first stint at Motherwell. Since then he's been a journeyman who hasnt really showed consistency IMO and i think its because he has lost motivation.Cant see coming to Sons changing that TBH.I stand to be corrected of course.

8 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Ive seen him at many clubs and the only time he looked effective was his first stint at Motherwell. Since then he's been a journeyman who hasnt really showed consistency IMO and i think its because he has lost motivation.Cant see coming to Sons changing that TBH.I stand to be corrected of course.

Fair enough, I see him as a hold up/link player and I think if Nade was out Sutton would be a good replacement. He'd chip in with a few goals too. I doubt we're in for him anyway to be honest.

Sons24 articles have started on the OS too. Lovely jubbly.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Fair enough, I see him as a hold up/link player and I think if Nade was out Sutton would be a good replacement. He'd chip in with a few goals too. I doubt we're in for him anyway to be honest.

Sons24 articles have started on the OS too. Lovely jubbly.

Yeah who knows he could work out but i just see him as another Ryan Stevenson...basically a decent player but lost direction and motivation.Also is only 5 foot 5 when jumping for a ball despite standing at 6 feet.

From The Sun - the same article as earlier, but that last line adds a bit more context to it. Written by Craig Stewart who is normally quite on the ball with goings on at the Rock.

DUMBARTON could be set to hand Lawrence Shankland the chance to win a deal.

Sons boss Stevie Aitken is interested in the former Aberdeen striker after his trial with Dundee United came to an end.

Aitken said: “Lawrence’s name was put to me recently as he has had not found a club.

“I brought in Danny Handling from Hibs last weekend to join our attack, but there is still scope in my squad for further additions.

“It could be Lawrence would prove useful to us.”

The 21-year-old began at Queen’s Park before joining the Dons in 2013, but boss Derek McInnes released him in May.

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

From The Sun - the same article as earlier, but that last line adds a bit more context to it. Written by Craig Stewart who is normally quite on the ball with goings on at the Rock.

DUMBARTON could be set to hand Lawrence Shankland the chance to win a deal.

Sons boss Stevie Aitken is interested in the former Aberdeen striker after his trial with Dundee United came to an end.

Aitken said: “Lawrence’s name was put to me recently as he has had not found a club.

“I brought in Danny Handling from Hibs last weekend to join our attack, but there is still scope in my squad for further additions.

“It could be Lawrence would prove useful to us.”

The 21-year-old began at Queen’s Park before joining the Dons in 2013, but boss Derek McInnes released him in May.

It reads like he's keeping Shankland there as a back up option.