Sons' sorrow

Season ticket holders will now have to enter via the turnstiles to help eliminate congestion, whilst Parent + Child tickets will be sold from a window in the community suite...

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=3170

Surely having everyone going in through 2 gates, rather than them being split through 3 would lead to more congestion? Admittedly I'm no expert in football stadium access arrangement, but it seems a touch pointless to me.

14 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Season ticket holders will now have to enter via the turnstiles to help eliminate congestion, whilst Parent + Child tickets will be sold from a window in the community suite...

Surely having everyone going in through 2 gates, rather than them being split through 3 would lead to more congestion? Admittedly I'm no expert in football stadium access arrangement, but it seems a touch pointless to me.

Not pointless to the egos in the foyer who dislike the thought of paying fans in their area.

total crap yes :blink:

16 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Being the cynic that I am, it looks like they want to keep the riff raff entirely separate from the prawn sandwich munchers. NO admission to the main reception foyer from the supporters bar and all fans now through the one gate so they don't sully the eyes of the high rollers who will be using the main door. Perhaps I'm being too harsh and there's a good reason for it but I certainly don't remember any congestion in fans entering the ground - the away end seems to be where we have those problems not the home end.

Didn't the ST gate open earlier than the turnstyles too? Not sure how they'll work that. Also means folk who are in the bar can't get out for a smoke. The only thing I can think that would justify it is a cost saving of not having someone manning that door for 2 hours but even that's only saving you about 15 quid.

Thankfully I've given up smoking and buying season tickets so I am unaffected. I will continue to stealth vape, get it up ye Les.

I have to agree this is an absolute nonsense change. What congestion? Why would reducing the number of entrances lead to less congestion?

Clearly us commoners at not worthy of breathing the same air air as our tory esque board and their chums.

12 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

To be fair, Joe played off the striker in the 2nd half of last season at Queen's.

He did on a handful of occasions when Dobbie started as the only striker, mainly when Lyle was injured or away at Dundee United when we played with one up. It wasn't generally where he played though, mostly as a box to box central midfielder.

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Being the cynic that I am, it looks like they want to keep the riff raff entirely separate from the prawn sandwich munchers. NO admission to the main reception foyer from the supporters bar and all fans now through the one gate so they don't sully the eyes of the high rollers who will be using the main door. Perhaps I'm being too harsh and there's a good reason for it but I certainly don't remember any congestion in fans entering the ground - the away end seems to be where we have those problems not the home end.

Didn't the ST gate open earlier than the turnstyles too? Not sure how they'll work that. Also means folk who are in the bar can't get out for a smoke. The only thing I can think that would justify it is a cost saving of not having someone manning that door for 2 hours but even that's only saving you about 15 quid.

I meant that but I'm glad you explained in such a way

Sons directors are and have been since they moved to the Rock,snobbish b*****ds

16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

This isn't a go specifically at Dumbarton, just the latest example....but from the outside just seems so unnecessarily petty and just another way to irritate core support. It seems perverse that so many clubs throw out the platitudes about "the fans are our life blood" and "heart of the community" stuff and with the next breath stories like this surface, where they seem to continue to make it harder and harder for the fan base to believe they actually mean it, and easier and easier to get hacked off by another piece of stupidity (at worst) or insensitively handled PR/communication (at best).   Self-defeating stuff.  

It's difficult not to be frustrated by these latest changes. There doesn't seem to be any real justification for the new arrangements. Access to the foyer area was minimal - almost no fans were entering the foyer area via the door beside the reception desk. It's a non-problem. What is a problem is now expecting the entire home support to use 2 turnstiles, one of which is for concessions.

Sometimes it feels like the board making these decisions live on another planet, far removed from the match day experience of the normal fan. It's change not for the better.

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

It's difficult not to be frustrated by these latest changes. There doesn't seem to be any real justification for the new arrangements. Access to the foyer area was minimal - almost no fans were entering the foyer area via the door beside the reception desk. It's a non-problem. What is a problem is now expecting the entire home support to use 2 turnstiles, one of which is for concessions.

Sometimes it feels like the board making these decisions live on another planet, far removed from the match day experience of the normal fan. It's change not for the better.

It will be interesting to watch Wee Stevie make his way down the tunnel at 1.55pm this coming Saturday, walk along the track, loup the fence, nick in for a quick slash in the concourse loos, buy a half-time draw ticket then enter the Community Suite Suite shouting 'DA-RA' at the top of his voice.

9 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It will be interesting to watch Wee Stevie make his way down the tunnel at 1.55pm this coming Saturday, walk along the track, loup the fence, nick in for a quick slash in the concourse loos, buy a half-time draw ticket then enter the Community Suite Suite shouting 'DA-RA' at the top of his voice.

To an empty community suite unless they open the turnstiles early