Sons' sorrow

That's a nightmare for him. It must be especially frustrating to have two completely different injuries as well.

If we do see him again this season I can't imagine it'll be before mid-March at the earliest. Conceivably he could miss the best part of 2 years with injury, which must be incredibly frustrating.

25 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Absolutely dreadful luck, he was looking excellent against partick as well. Will the club honour his contract again? Can they afford to? 

I'm not sure what you mean. He either sees the contract out in which we pay him the wage he's already taking from our budget or we pay off his contract. Either way we've budgeted for Gallagher for a season. We can't release him without paying him.

7 hours ago, Stu said:

So that's Hutton, Walsh, Gallagher and Gallacher you've got who we binned in January, as well as Carswell who we got shot of in the summer. Seems an interesting transfer strategy - although no doubt we'll still not be able to beat you.

This is going to make not being able to beat Dumbarton again unbearable. 

It will be so embarrassing to lose to a side with Hutton, Carsewell, Scot (I can't believe I'm not a policeman by now) Gallagher and Calum ( I can't run properly) Gallagher. 

Just need to add Andy Webster and 12 points from us will be guaranteed. 

3 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

This is going to make not being able to beat Dumbarton again unbearable. 

It will be so embarrassing to lose to a side with Hutton, Carsewell, Scot (I can't believe I'm not a policeman by now) Gallagher and Calum ( I can't run properly) Gallagher. 

Just need to add Andy Webster and 12 points from us will be guaranteed. 

1 post and calling yourself 'DumbartonBud' :lol:

Come on to f**k, you'll need to try far harder than that.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

56 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Absolutely dreadful luck, he was looking excellent against partick as well. Will the club honour his contract again? Can they afford to? 

What Moonster says is correct but I would say that morally, the club should honour the contract since he was injured while "working" for the club.

19 minutes ago, microdave said:

What Moonster says is correct but I would say that morally, the club should honour the contract since he was injured while "working" for the club.

Surely it's a mutual agreement to end the contract with a suitable pay off though? I.e. if Gallagher doesn't want to accept the payment he can sit and take his wage? Morally we do what the player is happy with IMO.

I know we said Carswell was shite, but he was a million times better than Hutton.
If you want to recreate the 'can't win until December' St Mirren side, sure we have a few others you've not signed yet!

Yup but St.Mirren have a good knack of turning good players into bad ones or at least certainly not getting the best from players. Certainly up until the tail end last season you guys have been absolute dross in your 2 years in the championship.

We in the other hand are punching well above our weight and Stevie Aitken seems to have a knack of getting the best of players.

So you put a bunch of St.mirren rejects under a different scenario and you get a different outcome. Shows how badly run your club has been the last few years.

Some previous posters were saying the same because we signed 3 Raith players from last season. Raith turned out more of a basket case than you lot due to the way they were managed. At the time I never thought that was possible[emoji6]. Anyway the same argument applies.

We'll just need to wait and see but I have every faith in Stevie.

14 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Surely it's a mutual agreement to end the contract with a suitable pay off though? I.e. if Gallagher doesn't want to accept the payment he can sit and take his wage? Morally we do what the player is happy with IMO.

Aye I would agree with that. What I meant was that the club shouldn't be trying to force him into anything. All hypothetical of course.

5 hours ago, optimistic said:

I used to rate hutton when he was with rangers, but can't say he's ever stood out for me at either queens or st mirren,  but I think he'll be a decent signing, especially with aitkens track record of turning players around, and durrant knowing how to get the best out of him.

Hutton did well at Airdrie some off our fans on here would disagree and some thought he was rubbish others thought he was decent. Hutton has to settle down at one club now to show his worth.

Decent enough game. Sons on top but Clyde with a lot of play but not dangerous. Sons look sharper and fitter. Clyde's number nine hysterical, overweight, unfit, trips over his own feet.

If our number 9 is Stewart, he has had a shocker. Not nearly good enough.

Defence really solid, Clyde not had a shot yet. Odd goal, didn't see it go over the line but the assistant gave it.