Sons' sorrow

8 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Nope.

Ridiculous pricing

It seems to be a growing consensus on here that most fans are unhappy at the pricing , particularly this season, of season tickets and pay at the gate.It is understandable but i believe that what most angers supporters is the apparent lack of consultation and what some on here , rightly or wrongly , perceive as an air of aloofness by those running the club.The counter arguements as to why the prices are what they are may also be convincing and indeed valid but the status quo is that an increasing number of fans are disgruntled.The club can ill afford to alienate supporters and its something i think needs addressing even if it is just to clear the air.

It seems to be a growing consensus on here that most fans are unhappy at the pricing , particularly this season, of season tickets and pay at the gate.It is understandable but i believe that what most angers supporters is the apparent lack of consultation and what some on here , rightly or wrongly , perceive as an air of aloofness by those running the club.The counter arguements as to why the prices are what they are may also be convincing and indeed valid but the status quo is that an increasing number of fans are disgruntled.The club can ill afford to alienate supporters and its something i think needs addressing even if it is just to clear the air.

Can't agree more. We need to get these issues sorted.

A good start would be a statement from the chairman. A kind of introduction of himself if you like. What the short to medium term plans are for the club. Not sure we're to keen on the long term ones.

The board needs to be more engaged with the fans and reasons behind decisions should be shared.

Carsy still out according to the match preview, which is a pretty big blow, although I would far rather we didn't risk him for the league campaign. I'd imagine we might see Mango coming into centre-mid alongside Wilson, with Hill starting at centre-half. Stevie might be tempted to give Prior a start mind you.

We have to wear the away kit tonight too, which I'm quite displeased about. I really like it, but I had been hoping I'd be able to get my first look at the new kit. 

4 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Carsy still out according to the match preview, which is a pretty big blow, although I would far rather we didn't risk him for the league campaign. I'd imagine we might see Mango coming into centre-mid alongside Wilson, with Hill starting at centre-half. Stevie might be tempted to give Prior a start mind you.

We have to wear the away kit tonight too, which I'm quite displeased about. I really like it, but I had been hoping I'd be able to get my first look at the new kit. 

I hear the news on GG isn't good either, which is fairly gutting for him. Exactly what he/we didn't need. What colour is Ayrs away top this season?

A dislocated knee will surely take longer than a few weeks to fully heal? Honkingly sore and hard injury to recover from.

If we don't get pumped tonight infront of a sub 200 home crowd I'll be astounded.

A central midfielder has to be a priority signing now. With Gal's recent injury record and me not being remotely comfortable about fully depending on a guy who was a bit part player for League 1 Stranraer last year, we're desperately needing a Joe Thomson or Jamie Lindsay.

I hear the news on GG isn't good either, which is fairly gutting for him. Exactly what he/we didn't need. What colour is Ayrs away top this season?

If that's the case then I wouldn't be surprised at all to see us sign McManus. He looked like exactly the same sort of player as G.Gal and Carswell, and maybe a 6 month deal would suit both of us.

Everyone knows I'm not a fan of Grant Gallagher, but to play about 120 minutes in, assuming he's out for at least a couple of months, a full year must be murder. Especially when it's as a result of two completely different injuries.

58 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

A dislocated knee will surely take longer than a few weeks to fully heal? Honkingly sore and hard injury to recover from.

If we don't get pumped tonight infront of a sub 200 home crowd I'll be astounded.

A central midfielder has to be a priority signing now. With Gal's recent injury record and me not being remotely comfortable about fully depending on a guy who was a bit part player for League 1 Stranraer last year, we're desperately needing a Joe Thomson or Jamie Lindsay.

Agreed. Despite only having a couple of strikers on the books, it's centre midfield that's the most concerning area for us right now.

Although to be honest I held that view prior to Gal's unfortunate setback.

Having being a fan of a dislocated knee, once it's out that's it weakened and it becomes prone to happening again.

I'm sure Snodgrass was out about 2 seasons with his dislocated knee and that's with surgery and full time physio work.

I can't see him only being out for a few weeks either mate. Talking 6-8 weeks of physio before he can even run again.

20 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Someone's a bit rattled! And keeps coming back for more lol

Anyone planning on heading to the game tomoro night? I was going to take a walk down as it's meant to be a cracking day but I can't really justify the £15 entry fee!

Very sensible pricing agreed between the clubs in group A, we're all charging £10 and £5. Think kids are free too.

Just now, The Mantis said:

Very sensible pricing agreed between the clubs in group A, we're all charging £10 and £5. Think kids are free too.

If only we'd been as bright to actually speak to other clubs before coming up with a fair pricing schedule... :rolleyes:

I actually think the SPFL should be setting blanket prices for the league cup group stage, they wanted this group stage to bring more fans to early season games and generate early season excitement yet clubs are pricing fans out of it - we're not the only culprits, Alloa have the gall to charge a quid more than us. The more I think about our pricing the more ridiculous it is, and it annoys me because I actually fancy watching tonight's game in this weather. We don't even have a full squad signed up yet, we've got our two main midfielders out injured meaning a makeshift midfield and we've historically been shite and not seemed very interested in this competition yet fans are expected to pay top dollar to watch it.