Sons' sorrow

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Never understood this argument. Until Scottish football wangles a mammoth TV deal then most clubs will be reliant on attendances for income. It's simplistic to look and say "higher prices = better players" as there needs to be a happy medium in terms of actual numbers paying, but you've got to remember multiple top flight teams have offered "pay what you want" deals for fans over the past few years and have lost money compared to when they charge £23. Professional squads arent sustainable with fans paying £6, a group of amateur postmen is.

If the problems with Scottish football could be reduced to a single issue of price then it's an easy fix. Cut prices and watch people flock to their local team.

As you've rightly highlighted, "pay what you want" days rarely result in significantly increased numbers of fans attending matches.

Cost is part of the problem but its not the only problem.

2 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

If the problems with Scottish football could be reduced to a single issue of price then it's an easy fix. Cut prices and watch people flock to their local team.

As you've rightly highlighted, "pay what you want" days rarely result in significantly increased numbers of fans attending matches.

Cost is part of the problem but its not the only problem.

Cost is a very small part of the problem, if it's a problem at all. If there were any evidence that cutting admission charges would increase support and income then it might be worth looking at.

Cutting the prices on high demand products increases market share. On low demand products/services it makes very little difference.

Jordan Allan's signed a 1-month deal at Elgin City.

Skyline Drifter will be along in a minute! I wonder if he could be heading overseas, seems odd to only agree a one month deal with a L2 club. I thought he looked better than that tbh.

Cheers for the name of #9 Cameron by the way!

7 hours ago, Thommo90 said:

Very surprised at Allan going to Elgin, looked decent for us? Strange one.

Yep it is indeed but i guess Stevie can only bring in one more player so i suppose he has to be 100 percent that whoever comes in can do a really good job.My bet is a loan player probably after the LC fixtures.

Welcome to the Your Radio 103FM stadium.

Not sure everyone would agree with the quote on the clubs website saying.

'It's very exciting as the guys at the radio station are, like us, keen to reach out to the Dumbarton community.'[emoji23]

7 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Welcome to the Your Radio 103FM stadium.

Not sure everyone would agree with the quote on the clubs website saying.

'It's very exciting as the guys at the radio station are, like us, keen to reach out to the Dumbarton community.'emoji23.png

To be fair that's true of the radio station and true for the vast majority of fans (and people) at DFC. There are a few important people who don't see it that way unfortunately.

That's great news. Having another local business involved in such a prominent role can only be a good thing for the club, and I'm confident they'll give us some more exposure to the listening masses.

I did notice we were playing it pre-match on Saturday instead of the usual CDs, which I thought was a pretty cool idea too.

24 minutes ago, Consolidate said:

Good to see another local sponsor but you have to wonder how much these deals are worth.

If all the regular contributors on here threw in a tenner could the 'Sons Sorrow Stadium' be next up?

Paddy Flannery Park would be better imo