Sons' sorrow

This has been nice. Bright sunshine. The Prince lashing in a beezer. Some nice link up play. Not really troubled at the back, aside from another belting Gallacher save.

Now if the sun would like to go behind a cloud then that'd be great.

12 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

This has been nice. Bright sunshine. The Prince lashing in a beezer. Some nice link up play. Not really troubled at the back, aside from another belting Gallacher save.

Now if the sun would like to go behind a cloud then that'd be great.

Who are the trialists? Same as against Albion Rovers?

4 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Trialist 15 who he?

Not N Ferguson???

:lol:

He's still crippled from Saturday. 

I know it's just a preseason game but I was quite impressed. We were well organised, disciplined and were positive in attack. Walsh looked excellent, very confident. Nade looks really quite trim and I thought he had an excellent game. Stewart played well off him for 45 minutes. I hope Grant Gallagher isn't badly hurt, same with Davie Smith - we really need both. Overall it helped my confidence rather than hindered it. Can't be convinced on any of the trialists so will trust Stevies judgement, he'll have seen emough of them now I reckon.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

:lol:

He's still crippled from Saturday. 

I know it's just a preseason game but I was quite impressed. We were well organised, disciplined and were positive in attack. Walsh looked excellent, very confident. Nade looks really quite trim and I thought he had an excellent game. Stewart played well off him for 45 minutes. I hope Grant Gallagher isn't badly hurt, same with Davie Smith - we really need both. Overall it helped my confidence rather than hindered it. Can't be convinced on any of the trialists so will trust Stevies judgement, he'll have seen emough of them now I reckon.

It seems Nade has had a short but fruitful preseason..is a key player no doubt.What ive heard of Jordan Allan makes me think he might be worth a short term contract at least.Need to stay injury free given the light squad we have and i really hope we can sort out a couple of defenders prior to the Ayr game.

PS Moonster hope our future star gets uncrippled soon.

It would be hard on Grant Gallagher if he's out injured again.
Hopefully he's ok.

Aye, thankfully it looked like his knee rather than the ankle he's had trouble with previously.

That being said he went down very awkwardly, let out a yelp and instantly signalled to the bench that he had to come off. Fingers crossed it's nothing too serious.

Thought Walsh was especially impressive this evening. He looks to be brimming with confidence, and did not look afraid to take a man on. Wee Chris Johnston looked a different player with Smith and Mango behind him. You could actually see his confidence increase with every touch. Mark Stewart's link up with the Prince was decent, and can definitely be built on.

The Prince himself looked sensational. He's in great shape, and was absolutely majestic. Some of his touches were sensational, and his goal was a belting strike.

Mango once again was the pick of the back four imo, but McLaughlin definitely looked like he'd do a job for us. I'd imagine we'll bring him in if Penrice sticks with Thistle. Scott Gallacher just seems to have a bubble of confidence around him, which is testament to the coaching staff. He made a belter of a first half save, and dealt with pretty much every high ball extremely confidently. His distribution was outstanding at times too.

I remain a big fan of Jordan Allan. Sure he made a few dodgy passes, and over-complicated things a couple of times, but he also held up play like nobody else in the squad could (with the exception of Nade), worked hard, is absolutely rapid and read the game well to get to the ball, and smash it into the net.

Generally pleased with the performance as a whole, and I think Stevie will be too. We looked fit, well organised and a threat going forward. Not much more you can ask for.

Good enough performance tonight in an ok game.

Gallagher looks solid in goals and made a few good stops.

Barr and Dowie were very solid together, especially in the air and it was good to see them being very vocal and talking others through the game. Barr looked particularly solid.

Smith was ok

Trialist 3 was caught out defencively a few times but was decent going forward. He looked like he was almost trying too hard at times.

G gal was tidy before going off with an injury. He said it was a twisted knee when he came over to the stand for the second half.

David Wilson looked like a neat dribbler who once he gets going is hard to stop. He did seem to take a fair bit of time to get up to full speed. Overall though he impressed me and he seemed to be far less lightweight than we hand been told.

Prior didn't do much but whatever he did looked technically very good and he showed good discipline off the ball.

Johnston looked a little lightweight and was shoved off the ball a few times although he did going on a couple of decent dribbles in the first half.

Stewart played just behind Nade and his driving runs caused Partick a bit of bother. He appeared to panic a bit when presented with an opportunity in front of Goal.

Walsh was very good on the wing in the first half and was decent in Stewart's role for part of the second. Some lovely crosses (including one for Nade's goal) and successful dribbles were encouraging. He should have scored a 1 on 1 at the start of the second half.

Nade looked fitter than last season. He held the ball up well and showed good movement to adjust his body and hit the half volley for his goal, something I reckon he may not have been able to do last season.

Dougie Hill was decent at the back and it looks like we could do far war worse than to give him a deal. He's also the youngest looking 32 year old I think I've seen.

Trialist number 17 showed good hunger and athleticism to make the 2nd goal. Would need to see more of him to decide if worth a deal.

Jordan Allan took his goal well and look handy if not spectacular. Could be a useful player.

6 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Trialist 3 was caught out defencively a few times but was decent going forward. He looked like he was almost trying too hard at times.

Definitely my impression of him when he was around the Ross County first team, but when more in his comfort zone he is a cracking player. 

I think Walsh will be a great signing for Sons

When Ross came in Walsh was waiting for his P45 and his enthusiasm had waned.

being Dumped by a team in which you had half a season in the the first team in front of 50K  He was on a low and didn't show enough for Saints