Sons' sorrow

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, sonsanorak was lucky to stay on the park! :P

Honestly, yesterday was right up there with my best days ever. Actually sharing the pitch with Paddy Flannery, I don't think it's quite sunk in.  A lot of folk have thanked me but there's a whole team at the Sons Trust who deserve the credit, Gillie, Alan, Robbi and Gary all helped out in organising not only the match but the comedy night too, the effort has been fantastic - we really do have a great bunch of people that love this club and we can do great things. Special mention for Colm the kit man too, he is a gem of a guy. We've raised an excellent amount of money and had one of the best days ever in doing it. Round of applause to everyone who took part, I just hope me blowing out my arse isn't featured too much on the highlights :lol:

Didn't make the Comedy Night but from the photos it looked packed which is great! The game itself was superb though I contemplated drowning myself in deep heat this morning.

I think there's real potential with the event in the future if that's something the Trust are keen on - something similar to 'Raise The Rock' from back in the day.  Can see it helping with Sonstrust numbers and could maybe even get some new fans in through the gates. 

Yes, I'm particularly interested in the foul on the edge of the box Paddy wins...

Gutted with the penalty, felt yesterday I'd got caught under the ball and left Joe to take on Alan. Dont understand why the ref took so long to award the pen but, perhaps he had a signal from the fourth official?

You have previous [emoji6]

Kudos to everyone involved in organising yesterday, both the football and the comedy night. Paddy Flannery is some boy. Good banter and down to eart. Was a pleasure playing in his team, and with the other fans, yesterday. I'll probably put 'being subbed for Paddy flannery' in my cv.

Although the missus isn't too happy that the 'popped ligament' in my ankle has turned out to be a ruptured Achilles' tendon. 4-6 weeks apparently. Two in a special moon boot.

The comedy was very good value I thought and the crowd seemed to have had a good night. Dumbarton as a town has a gap in the market for this sort of evening, it would be good if the club/trust could exploit that gap on a more regular basis.

IMG_0090.JPG

Kudos to everyone involved in organising yesterday, both the football and the comedy night. Paddy Flannery is some boy. Good banter and down to eart. Was a pleasure playing in his team, and with the other fans, yesterday. I'll probably put 'being subbed for Paddy flannery' in my cv.
Although the missus isn't too happy that the 'popped ligament' in my ankle has turned out to be a ruptured Achilles' tendon. 4-6 weeks apparently. Two in a special moon boot.
The comedy was very good value I thought and the crowd seemed to have had a good night. Dumbarton as a town has a gap in the market for this sort of evening, it would be good if the club/trust could exploit that gap on a more regular basis.

IMG_0090.thumb.JPG.daff877b8f6f6ad55f330c6405135dcb.JPG

Ooft, that's a nightmare big man.

That's what happens when a centre hawf becomes a target man.

Yes, I'm particularly interested in the foul on the edge of the box Paddy wins...

Gutted with the penalty, felt yesterday I'd got caught under the ball and left Joe to take on Alan. Dont understand why the ref took so long to award the pen but, perhaps he had a signal from the fourth official?

Don't think you should be giving ourself such a hard time about the penalty, 20 years ago I would have been out quicker and cleared the ball but I'm afraid due to old age and cramp in both calfs I was too slow, my fault not ours.

Goalie gloves now hung up but what a great day/occasion for final appearance also playing along side my boy made it really special.

IMG_0090.thumb.JPG.daff877b8f6f6ad55f330c6405135dcb.JPG

Deal with that toe nail jordo

Don't think you should be giving ourself such a hard time about the penalty, 20 years ago I would have been out quicker and cleared the ball but I'm afraid due to old age and cramp in both calfs I was too slow, my fault not ours.

Goalie gloves now hung up but what a great day/occasion for final appearance also playing along side my boy made it really special.

Yer lad's ball into the box for the 1st goal was sublime.

It's a shame to hear your hanging up the gloves, I was saying to Fraser after the game that I thought you had a great game. You certainly went out on a high.

Yer lad's ball into the box for the 1st goal was sublime.

It's a shame to hear your hanging up the gloves, I was saying to Fraser after the game that I thought you had a great game. You certainly went out on a high.

Thanks, kind words indeed, will wait to see sons tv highlights but think I had a spell of 10 minutes in the 2nd half when I was doing an impersonation of Mark Brown, which if true might force me into seeking profession help

1 hour ago, Laurie Williams Loyal said:

Thanks, kind words indeed, will wait to see sons tv highlights but think I had a spell of 10 minutes in the 2nd half when I was doing an impersonation of Mark Brown, which if true might force me into seeking profession help

Sitting in the stand, raking in money?

3 hours ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Well Done to all those involved, both in organising and playing.

Gutted I couldn't be involved but I'd hope to be involved in any in years to come. Are there plans to repeat this?

You're welcome to organise it :lol:

In all seriousness, if there's an appetite for it then we'll do it again but it's a lot of the same people you're asking to stump up the best part of their season ticket on top of buying their season ticket. Not that the day isn't worth it, but not everyone is flush and filling the shirts can be difficult. But we've done well this time, comedy night too was a massive success and I think we'll be exploring more events like that.