Sons' sorrow

Was James Penrice not in team today or have Thistle changed their mind about loaning him to us

Don't think they'll loan him out until after the game against us in a couple of weeks. Seem to remember reading something about Archibald wanting at Thistle for pre-season.

Decent game today, Stranraer edged the first half bossing the play without a cutting edge. Dumbarton were poor imo Alot of work to do after today for the manager. The players I seen today for yous I would have been happy if we had signed any of them but on todays showing I wouldnt take any of them. Jamie Hamill bossed it and why did Tom Lang never get a game head and shoulders above any of the centre halves 

Decent game today, Stranraer edged the first half bossing the play without a cutting edge. Dumbarton were poor imo Alot of work to do after today for the manager. The players I seen today for yous I would have been happy if we had signed any of them but on todays showing I wouldnt take any of them. Jamie Hamill bossed it and why did Tom Lang never get a game head and shoulders above any of the centre halves 

It was simply a training game. We'll be fine.

19 minutes ago, 1870ToonBlue said:

So, either these guys have all turned into diddies or it was basically a late-morning kickabout in Pollok to shake off the rust.  If it was the latter, as I suspect it was, then I wouldn't go overboard on Lang just yet. 

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Did Aldo get the full 90? Saw Stirling scored early on too.

I wasn`t there.

Attractive though a day out in Cowdenbeath is an afternoon drinking fine wine on a balcony overlooking the harbour in Port de Soller in Mallorca was too good to miss.

I`m sure those who were at the game will update.

I will be back home in time for the cup game at Stenny on 15/7 so the opportunity to live life in the fast lane hasn`t been entirely lost.

18 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

So, either these guys have all turned into diddies or it was basically a late-morning kickabout in Pollok to shake off the rust.  If it was the latter, as I suspect it was, then I wouldn't go overboard on Lang just yet. 

Tom Walsh, Calum Gallagher, Mark Stewart sorry but no thanks there for a wage and nothing more. Early morning stroll in the park or not they should of had the Jamie Hamill attitude. Carswell was decent to be fair as was the boy Johnston when he came on he would be a useful addition

Tom Walsh, Calum Gallagher, Mark Stewart sorry but no thanks there for a wage and nothing more. Early morning stroll in the park or not they should of had the Jamie Hamill attitude. Carswell was decent to be fair as was the boy Johnston when he came on he would be a useful addition

You never know in the long term your comment may be right BUT let's not get ahead of ourselves it was our first pre season friendly. We have rebuilt our team and had some trialists in show so nothing troubling.

Just now, Sons Fan said:

You never know in the long term your comment may be right BUT let's not get ahead of ourselves it was our first pre season friendly. We have rebuilt our team and had some trialists in show so nothing troubling.

100% maybe I am just disappointed to see what they had to offer considering they were at the Rangers you just expect that little bit more from that type of player imo, even Stewart he just didnt look interested. Not my worry tho I will head back over to league 1. Enjoy your season guys 

Bite my banger