Sons' sorrow

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'm not sure this will make any difference at all.

The smarmy, slimy c**t will still be there spouting shite to the paper and bending over backwards to shaft us for some profit.

There's a statement on the website now, dated yesterday, that I'm sure wasn't up earlier

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=3086

To concentrate on his work with the club's majority shareholders Brabco.

Not really quite sure what to make of this. Delighted he's no longer on the board, I think, although I'd prefer he was just nowhere near our club. Looking forward to reading his exclusive in 'The Sun' detailing everything here...

Not really quite sure what to make of this. Delighted he's no longer on the board, I think, although I'd prefer he was just nowhere near our club. Looking forward to reading his exclusive in 'The Sun' detailing everything here...

Gone from the board he may be but he still remains as one of our dodgy owners and the horrible p***k spearheading this ludicrous move.

Did he even attend board meetings or the likes?

Don't acheologists have a legal right to excavate ahead of any building works? Especially in a case that will be seen as nationally significant as a home of a former monarch.

Probably puts the plan back 12-24 months minimum I'd have thought? Pure speculation based on nothing more than a couple of episodes of Time Team tbh.

Here, wasn't Robert The Bruce's favourite colour orange?

11 minutes ago, GoTeamGaz said:

Don't acheologists have a legal right to excavate ahead of any building works? Especially in a case that will be seen as nationally significant as a home of a former monarch.

Probably puts the plan back 12-24 months minimum I'd have thought? Pure speculation based on nothing more than a couple of episodes of Time Team tbh.

Here, wasn't Robert The Bruce's favourite colour orange?

Yes, Robert loved his Irn Bru (from a glass bottle of course)

I like how the announcement about Wilson says that he has resigned from the DFC board  to concentrate on his work with the club's majority shareholders Brabco. I thought Brabco were a holding company. Surely their only work involves DFC?

11 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

I like how the announcement about Wilson says that he has resigned from the DFC board  to concentrate on his work with the club's majority shareholders Brabco. I thought Brabco were a holding company. Surely their only work involves DFC?

Reads to me like he's sick of being involved in every day club matters, having to attend board meetings etc. and just wants to focus all his energy on shafting us up the arse. I could be slightly wide of the mark there though. There will be more to this than meets the eye.

As a side note, that means there's a spot on the board up for grabs - anyone got £50K lying about and fancy it?

2 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

There's a statement on the website now, dated yesterday, that I'm sure wasn't up earlier

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=3086

I have a hunch that the ferrets have now concluded their internal square-go and Mr Wilson now finds himself outside of the Brabco sack marked 'Stadium Development'.

53 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Reads to me like he's sick of being involved in every day club matters, having to attend board meetings etc. and just wants to focus all his energy on shafting us up the arse. I could be slightly wide of the mark there though. There will be more to this than meets the eye.

As a side note, that means there's a spot on the board up for grabs - anyone got £50K lying about and fancy it?

Presumably there's always a spot on the board ready for anyone who has the funds and is willing.