Sons' sorrow

Look at the hashtag. Is it going to be orange ? FFS. As an away top, a proper gold kit with black trim would be nice but the home kit should remain white with black and gold. Having said all that, when I first watched us, our home kit was plain gold tops with black, round neck collar and cuffs and black shorts.
The alternative is that the sneak preview was a keeper's top, they read P&B and this orange thing is just an elaborate wind up before revealing a white kit.

5 minutes ago, Jumbo Muir said:

Look at the hashtag. Is it going to be orange ? FFS. As an away top, a proper gold kit with black trim would be nice but the home kit should remain white with black and gold. Having said all that, when I first watched us, our home kit was plain gold tops with black, round neck collar and cuffs and black shorts.
The alternative is that the sneak preview was a keeper's top, they read P&B and this orange thing is just an elaborate wind up before revealing a white kit.

I still think (hope) that's the case. We know our Twitter overlord likes playing about with us on here, so maybe he's sat back in DFC towers laughing in an evil way at us panicking. 

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

That's a great move for Nicky, pleased for him.

I was just looking at that photo of the old David Wilson and note it says "outside-left" above his name. It's funny how position names change over the years, you never hear someone being called an outside-left these days. Any other whacky position names you auld duffers used to come up with? :P

How about our new custodian Scott Gallacher and pivot Andy Dowie?

12 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I still think (hope) that's the case. We know our Twitter overlord likes playing about with us on here, so maybe he's sat back in DFC towers laughing in an evil way at us panicking. 

Possibly politically motivated now that the DUP are (partly) in charge....

Jeez, would you listen to yourselves ?  Colt teams are about to be crowbarred into the league system, FIFA is preparing to rip the rule book to shreds and to paraphrase Chris Rea, Brabco are trying to drive us down The Road To Hell and what are you fannies obsessing about - strips for Christ's sake !  STRIPS !

Man up ya bunch of snowflakes.......

17 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Jeez, would you listen to yourselves ?  Colt teams are about to be crowbarred into the league system, FIFA is preparing to rip the rule book to shreds and to paraphrase Chris Rea, Brabco are trying to drive us down The Road To Hell and what are you fannies obsessing about - strips for Christ's sake !  STRIPS !

Aye but they're ORANGE strips ;) !!!!

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It's definitely going to be orange surely.

The futures bright, the badge and the covered top.

Why would you change your colours and think it'll be a permanent thing or?

Not a chance.

They really are such jolly japesters at DFC towers :1eye

Edited by Silverton End

Orange is Ian Wilsons payback for those who slagged his scarf.

Coincidentally, I watched the BT documentary on Sean Fallon tonight and amongst other insights they covered the Cruyff link. How he (SF) had been out in Amsterdam and came back with just clogs. Apparently JC was seriously considering the move but let us down gently by saying the weather was too cold !
Mainly about Fallon's background and Celtic career but a bit about Dumbarton and was said Stein tried to talk him out of going to Boghead. Good contributions from ex Sons Pat McCluskey, Joe Coyle, Donald "Don" Watt and Graeme Sharp. The first three being ex Celtic players.

Interesting watch, though warning there are "contributions" from Charlie Nicholas.

I don't know about anyone else but fitba' is a form of escapism for me. If that materialises in some speculation about the strip then fair enough. The road to hell has been done to death here. We now have to wait for the outcome of the planning application. I suppose we could wring our hands and brains going over everything that's already been said but to what end? There's discussion elsewhere about the Colts issue and FIFA will do what they'll do pretty much regardless of what's said on Pie and Bovril.

I'll be very surprised if the strip is orange unless it is a fluorescent. publicity stunt. The hashtag could very well be a re-hash of the one I came up with myself at the time of the Third Division Championship win in 2009 and used in a way to mislead and tease, or take the pith. Keep your eyes peeled.

Pip pip!