Sons' sorrow

Just now, C'mon_the_Sons said:

Seen it twice on LinkedIn (I know) now that it's a 2 year deal. One post from Barr himself about looking forward to the next couple of seasons at the Rock.

Fair enough, would be lying if I said I haven't stalked a few players on LinkedIN either :ph34r: Can't remember if we announced Stewart originally as a one year deal, because I remember it only being made official that he was here for two in Andy's interview with him.

If we can keep him fit for the majority of two years it'll be an absolutely sensational bit of business.

1 minute ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

Seen it twice on LinkedIn (I know) now that it's a 2 year deal. One post from Barr himself about looking forward to the next couple of seasons at the Rock.

Surely we've not handed the most injury prone defender in the Championship a two year deal? Unless it's a "pay as you play" type thing that would be a worrying piece of business.

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Surely we've not handed the most injury prone defender in the Championship a two year deal? Unless it's a "pay as you play" type thing that would be a worrying piece of business.

Taken a screenshot of post but no idea how to attach to post on my phone.

Could be a 'Play X number of games, get rewarded with a new deal' sort of thing. That would make sense.

Could be a 'Play X number of games, get rewarded with a new deal' sort of thing. That would make sense.

On 24/06/2017 at 20:11, GoTeamGaz said:

just image hacked into the club twitter, this is queued waiting to go out on Monday :unsure2:

wupps ... got a polite email asking me to remove. Was only supposed to be a bit of fun :unsure: I didn't really hack a Twitter, guys!

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

That's a great move for Nicky, pleased for him.

I was just looking at that photo of the old David Wilson and note it says "outside-left" above his name. It's funny how position names change over the years, you never hear someone being called an outside-left these days. Any other whacky position names you auld duffers used to come up with? :P

Outside left was just another name for a left winger - ergo Jimmy Johnstone was an outside right.

The description I liked for players back then was for mavericks like Jim Baxter or Tommy Gemmell. They would often be described as having a 'roving commission' - In other words they (rather brilliantly) did what they wanted.

Davie Wilson was perhaps past his best when he arrived at Boghead from Dundee United but he still made a great contribution to our promotion season 1971-72 and then as assistant manager and manager. An early example of a player who felt entitled to go down in the box!

1 minute ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

The description I liked for players back then was for mavericks like Jim Baxter or Tommy Gemmell. They would often be described as having a 'roving commission' - In other words they (rather brilliantly) did what they wanted.

I like that a lot.