Sons' sorrow

Wilson expected to sign next week and we have Aidan McIlduff training with us. Ex Celtic youngster apparently.

Was on loan at Queens last season. They'll have a better idea of him but can't say I saw much to suggest a championship player yet.

However, look at Calum Waters. Playing in the SPL next season after not quite setting the championship alight with you guys - anything can happen.

53 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Was on loan at Queens last season. They'll have a better idea of him but can't say I saw much to suggest a championship player yet.

However, look at Calum Waters. Playing in the SPL next season after not quite setting the championship alight with you guys - anything can happen.

Who did Waters move to? Even on the occasions I seen him playing for Alloa last season he looked awful positionally. Very good going forward but defensively very naive.

Who did Waters move to? Even on the occasions I seen him playing for Alloa last season he looked awful positionally. Very good going forward but defensively very naive.

I thought positionally he was great. Didn't find many flaws in him to be honest, obviously massive jump from what he was playing in. Hasn't quite signed yet but looks to be signing for Killie - on trial.

I'm pretty pleased with the signings of Gallagher and Barr.

Gallagher is a decent goalkeeper and should be a perfectly capable replacement for Alan Martin. His time in paisley wasn't great but it often isn't for many a decent player, such is life.

Craig Barr could be a great addition. With the emphasis being on 'could' of course. If we can keep him clear of injury then he and Dowie could be a very decent centre-half pairing for us.

Quite happy with all the signings so far. Another 2/3 with a few good loanees would see us in good shape for the season ahead.
There has got to be a question mark over the fitness of a good few of our signings so hopefully the P/T set up will help with that and hopefully we can hit the ground running in case injuries do mount up.

25 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Unless of course Newman, Junior and Trialist meets Andy's definition of the same name but spelt differently

Might even have been spelled differently.

Or spelt indifferently.

I always liked T.Rialist or J.Unior as often used by Queens Park

Much like Nicky Devlin for Ayr last season. Cracking player and great at the overlaps but caught out positionally too often.

This wasn't really the case, and when it was it was primarily due to the rest of the side being spineless.