Sons' sorrow

Just now, KierenAAFC said:

Scott Gallagher is a fantastic keeper at that level. I don't know much about Fleming but I'd say you don't need to worry about that - safe hands with Scott!

I'd calm down a bit there. He had a good season at Alloa and I'd say generally is a decent signing but he had a horrible time at this level with St Mirren just last season.

16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Just building a team of Gall's here.

I expect St Mirren fans will be on to laugh shortly but he had a good stint with Alloa in this division prior to that and I'm sure he'll do well for us.

We can nearly field a first 11!

What would your first 11 look like currently?

1 minute ago, madton said:

What would your first 11 look like currently?

Scott Gallacher

David Smith Andy Dowie Craig Barr TBC

Stuart Carswell Grant Gallagher

Calum Gallagher Tom Walsh Mark Stewart

Christian Nade

Off the top of my head.

Very impressed with how the team is shaping up now.

It is pretty clear that we have been talking to players for a while, hopefully that will shut up the folk on that facebook page saying 'Aitken should be assembling a team before taking a holiday' and 'Highly doubt he is doing business while on holiday.'

In reality if he only came back on Sunday then I highly doubt he has managed to sign 3/4 players in 5 days.

Keep it up!

Pleased with both of them.

No one should ever be judged on their time in Paisley. Many a good player has turned to shite there. We seen how well Gallacher done for Alloa not so long ago at this level.

Barr's fitness issues are a massive concern. I just hope part-time training will help him get more rest and lead to less issues.

43 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Surely Walsh oot wide with Stewart behind big Nad would be the more obvious choice?

Aye it probably would, assuming Stewart is comfortable there.

On an unrelated note, presumably we'll add a few loanees to the current squad, which means that (imo) we a have pretty much all our more senior players. Who are we thinking for captain and vice?

Dowie and Barr (in either role) would make sense to me.